Nic content over 50mg

I’m trying to get a recipe up to 50mg nicotine but as soon as I go over 14.8 I get a message at the bottom saying:

Something is wrong with the numbers. PG/VG ratio?

Is there a way around this? Thanks.

6 Likes

@g1119 rather than ask particulars, could you please take a screenshot of the calculator, so we can see what PG/VG levels you have set ?

6 Likes

What is the concentration of your nicotine? If you’re using, for instance, 48mg/ml nicotine, you will have difficulty reaching that high of a percentage while still maintaining your desired VG/PG ratio.

Also, is your nicotine in a solution of VG or PG? If it’s in PG, try selecting the “Max VG” option. I had this issue when using a CBD isolate in PG. I couldn’t get it to 18 mg/ml until I selected “Max VG”. THAT may solve your problem.

Another option, if your nicotine is in a solution of VG, (that’s what I use) maybe lower your PG percentage. Most folks use the standard ratio of VG/PG of 70/30. Maybe adjust it to 80/20 or 85/15? Edit: I suppose, as @Rocky02852 said, I should have suggested the other way around, too…

Last suggestion: check near your nicotine concentration on the recipe calculator. Make sure you have it selected for whatever the solution your nicotine is in (VG or PG) and verify your concentration is correct. For example if you are actually using 100 mg/ml but it’s filled in for 48 mg/ml, as I said above, you’ll have difficulty reaching that high of a nicotine level while maintaining your selected VG/PG ratio.

Hope this helps.

3 Likes

If your using PG based Nic (most common) you have to adjust your PG / VG ratio to allow for addition of PG based flavors, you will need greater than 50% PG to allow for PG based flavors, as in this example:

5 Likes

Oooorah @Rocky02852 .

6 Likes

PARLER MIX

Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/BQDb

7 Likes

Someone’s gotta say it.

Cut back on your Nic usage!

3 Likes

Oh, and welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s not for me but thanks for your concern. I did mention it to my friend.

4 Likes

Thanks for all of your answers. You were right, it’s because the high amount of liquid needed for the nicotine messed with the ratio.

4 Likes