Nic salt question

I am not new to vaping or diy, I have been buying store bought nic salts for a while at 25mg. I normally vape my freebase ejuice at 1 mg max vg., I want to start making my own nic salts. i know that the mixing is the same just replace the nic with nic salts. I find that 25mg nicsalts is too much for me. I
also really want to get back to using my pod devices for steath vaping.

Can i mix salts in max vg? should i buy the salts in pg or vg at 100mg? And if i made it 1mg just like my regular juice is it going to be too little?

3 Likes

Nic salt is smoother than fre base/regular nic, so at the same percentages you might not taste or feel it.
You could mix max vg with it. Just be careful about hotspots in your mix later on.

5 Likes

I used freebase nic at 3mg for about 3 years. I switched to salts about two years ago and mixed them at the same 3mg from day one without issue. The only difference I have noticed personally is the lack of throat harshness (which is why I switched to salts in the first place). I get it in 100mg strength in PG, mixes the same as freebase.

5 Likes

Thanks throat hit is not really the issue for me. its more about stealth vaping when i am at work. And being that NY is going to institute a total flavor ban and online purchase ban i want to get ahead.

4 Likes

I don’t know where you’re going to want to get your target mg to, it will probably be a bit of trial and error. And regarding stealth vaping, you know this I’m sure but higher VG means denser vapor, so if black ops is the name of the game, max VG may not be as discreet as you want…

4 Likes

I just was trying to point out the same, max vg is more for clouds. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

The cloud is not a issue its using a big device that produces massive clouds. So i am just curious i get my reg nic in max vg should i get the salts in pg?

4 Likes

I see. Well, I don’t think PG or VG based dilution for the salts would make any difference compared to freebase actually, and I doubt VG or PG makes any difference in how it’s metabolized. Probably going to come down to your preference.

4 Likes

For the mg/ml in your mix: it’s more about your general Nic intake. With my pod and 1.3 ohm coil I go through much less juice than using my squonk dual coil setup.
I feel comfortable with a 35 mg/ml since using a pod only I will go through 2 ml per day, while squonking I go through 12 ml with a 6 mg/ml or 15 ml with 5 mg/ml.

I read about self calibration/limitation of your body, for me it looks like at around 70 mg Nic intake seem to be a comfortable daily intake.

Here you probably have to find out, what is your sweet spot.

3 Likes

I see, like i stated before 25mg nic salts is what i normally do and i feel its too high for me but i chain vape my pods. Got to break myself of that habbit. My problem now is being able to stock up on coils for my rmp80 and other salts devices. Nic will last me a long time at 1mg figure about 1 or 2 liters will last a long time. i am trying to get myself to switch back to vaping on my regular mods and just sneaking a few puffs off my pods when i am at work, (just to clarify i can go to boiler rooms of the building i work in if i need to vape or go outside when i want pods are just for a quickie use or when i am in the bathroom at Disney lol, hotels and such.

4 Likes

You mentioned this is for a pod device to be stealth. Without knowing I assume it it is like a thumb drive? Most of those are low wattage and need a thinner mix. 50/50 60/40. If my assumption is correct go with the PG version.

4 Likes

one device is thr rmp80 another is the mi pod and a orion pod device

3 Likes

If I remember right the Orion is a 50/50- 60/40 mix. The RPM is higher in wattage. Without looking it up you can go 70/30. If I picked one nic for both devices I would pick the PG base.

5 Likes

I will definitely order it in pg, being that all my concentrate is pg based do I need to still order plain pg or can I get away without it. I’m figuring with out adding any pg it would be about a 80/20

3 Likes

Yes order PG. Because your flavors are at PG I would order about 30% of the amount of your Vg. You will only be adding small amounts PG using larger amounts of VG.

3 Likes

Thankyou all for your help. It is much appreciated

4 Likes