Nic salts DIY need help!

Hi guys, I just got into DIY and I’ve been looking up all over the net on how to mix a 30ml 50-50 vg/pg with a 50 mg nic salt strength. I’ve a 120ml 50mg (50/50) nic salt base. All the ejuice calculators are for freebase and being new to this I’m kinda having a hard time figuring out how much of nic salt base should I put into a 30ml bottle to make it a 50mg? I want to replicate the 30ml nic salt ejuice that they sell for 15-18$ a bottle which got me off the ciggis. Much appreciated.

4 Likes

Freebase and salts are 1:1 when entering strength.

7 Likes

Heres the problem…Your Nicotine Strength is 50mg/ml and you want yiur finished liquid to be 50mgml . This isnt possible , once you add other things like flavors , Vg , PG etc your nic content starts to drop…The calculatora will give yiu a warning that the ratio isnt working .

FB and Salt Nic are used the same as far as calculators go

7 Likes

Welcome David. There is no difference between salt nicotine and freebase as far as the calculations go. Just click on the “Create Recipe” tab and start experimenting with it. Keep in mind that you can not add any flavorings to a 50mg. base and have it remain at 50mg. Whatever you add will be diluting the strength. It will also be changing the vg/pg ratio. It is much easier to work with a higher nicotine base and dilute it to the strength and ratio which you are looking for. Don’t get discouraged. Once you get the hang of it, you will be mixing juices exactly the way you like them, and saving a ton of money.

Fidalgo_vapes gave you virtually the same answer as I was typing this.

9 Likes

Except you said it better and its more helpful what you said…lol

6 Likes

Hi Letitia, thank you very much for the reply making it clearer for me.

3 Likes

Hi fidalgo_vapes, I finally get it now. Thank you very much for the concise reply

3 Likes

Hi CCS, thank you so much. wish i had got into DIY earlier so i would’ve known there are communities like this where i can learn so much from open minded and friendly people like you guys have helped me out here. I get it now, i think. i believe i have a shot with the 100mg 120ml nic salt base… if i’m not wrong… again, thanks a ton for the help. Cheers! :+1:

5 Likes

You can buy a bottle of 100mg nic and mix it 1:1 with your 50mg nic and I think you will have about 240ml of 75mg nic that you can enter onto the form and achieve the results you want.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum!!

5 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

4 Likes

@DavidVapes You’ve already gotten some helpful suggestions, so I just want to welcome you to the forum. This is a great place for learning and sharing about DIY vaping. Enjoy the journey !!

3 Likes