Nicotine Dilution

Hi, I have a serious question here. Lets say I have 1 Litre of 99.9% Nicotine. How much of this Nicotine do I use in 1 Litre of PG to obtain 100mg strength ??

I have a very serious answer. The fact that you’re asking makes me sincerely doubt you are qualified to safely handle 99.9% nicotine.

Now that I have that out of the way, the less serious answer is 111.2 ml of 99.9% nicotine and 1000 ml of PG would yield 1111.2 ml of 100mg/ml base.

Please do not think that this can be done safely with anything less than professional chemistry laboratory conditions for handling hazardous liquids and fumes.

3 Likes

Thanks for that zigz, I’m comparing prices of pre-mixed and non mixed nicotine for my juices. No way am I going to handle that sort of purity in terms of nicotine knowing upwards of 30% nicotine can kill.

1 Like

You can check it with the recipe creator - input 1000 as “Amount to make”, 100 as “Desired strength”, set PG/VG too 100/0 and do the same for nicotine PG/VG then set nicotine strength to 999 and you can see the result below :slightly_smiling: 100.1 ml nicotine to 899.9 ml PG :slightly_smiling:

And @zigz is correct - to work with that you need a well ventilated area as well as a mask (unless you’re using a fume hood)… Be very careful!

1 Like

HEY!
we care, thats why

1 Like

Hi daath, thanks for that it does work exactly as you said, however like I mentioned to zigz it was just a question as I was comparing prices for premix and pure nicotine. I fully understand anything upwards of 30% pure nicotine is lethal. I truly appreciate both your concerns and am very thankful

2 Likes

Thanks Whiterose0818 appreciate your concern.

1 Like

I think everyone gets concerned just for the safety aspect. 100mg diluted nic will last a long long time for most people. 99.9% nic will cut someone’s life expectancy dramatically…or Atleast make someone’s testicles fall off.

But seriously. Outside of dangerous coil builds blowing someone’s face off 99.9% is the other main culprit for vape/diy accidents

1 Like

I think we all look at the price in all this stuff. And nicotine for sure being its the most expensive. But its not worth being dead to save a dollar. Just be safe.

The thing that surprised me is if you factor in the cost of the PG (or VG) instead of just looking at it as $/mg nic the prices for more concentrated nic aren’t really that much better.

1 Like

For me it’s a storage thing. A smaller bottle of 100mg nic takes up very little space in my home. And I can probably go for 6 more months before I need to by more.

However, for people trying to sell and make money everything does come down to pennies on the dollar (or the difference between 1000% markup vs 1003% markup but Whois counting). Which if I was trying to see I would go for the biggest bang for the buck