Nicotine Strength advice

I am looking for advice on nicotine strength for some juice’s I am making for a mate. He currently smokes White Ox tobacco which is 16mg in strength, but I have made some mixes before for some other mates in the past who wanted 12mg nic as this is what the strength of the cigs they were smoking were.
The problem was that when they vaped at this mg strength, they said it was to harsh and also muted the flavour, so any advice or feedback on what I should do would be really appreciated.
Also the nicotine strength I use is 100mg/ml strength.
I am not sure if this changes things, but my mate vapes through a Geekvape Legend

8 Likes

Try Salt Nic

6 Likes

Hope that’s not dl @ 12mlg that would give ya a massive throat hit.what tank they using

5 Likes

How much nicotine in a cigarette is not an exact science.

“How much nicotine is in a cigarette? | Vaping nicotine | Vaped” How much nicotine is in a cigarette? | Vaping nicotine | Vaped

4 Likes

I went from smoking cigars to vaping and never went back once. 6mg is where I started- and now don’t even need the NIC. If they’re ready to quit, they’ll enjoy the taste- and clouds- and the urge/addiction will just fade away. :beers:

7 Likes

What’s the vg/pg? Too much pg and it could get harsh with throat hit!

5 Likes

@Sejuiced_By_Mel 12mg is fairly high NIC for sub ohm vaping. MTL would be fine, but because there’s soo much more vaper in sub ohming, that’s probably going to be the problem. I bet it WAS harsh.

Going directly from smoking, i.e. high NIC levels and MTL, over to 3mg sub ohm can be jarring for someone just going over to vaping. I’d suggest either having your mate try a MTL setup with the higher NIC, or moving the NIC levels down to 3mg-ish for the current sub ohm setup.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply and great advice. It make sense 100%

Thanks again mate :smiley:

4 Likes

You’re welcome @Sejuiced_By_Mel. Let us know how it’s going with the strength.

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer will do mate 100% and thanks again. :+1:t2::kangaroo:

2 Likes

@rcleven thanks for your comment, but I didn’t think there was anything mentioned about the science behind the question.

2 Likes

The article is more of a skim. The studies referenced are in footnotes. Quick links to the footnotes are the numbers in the boxes (2) (3) and so on. Much of the nicotine in a cigarette is destroyed during the burning process of the tobacco. With the burning process the smoker, it is estimated, to be getting one to two mg of nicotine per cigarette. It also depends on how the cigarette was smoked. My Father in-law smoked 3 to 4 packs a day. He would light a cigarette take a couple of puffs lay it in a ash tray and not touch it till it burnt out. Other’s will smoke a pack a day and intake 10 to 15 times my father-in-law’s nicotine intake per pack.

4 Likes

@rcleven thanks very much for the depth of your reply. Very helpful :+1:t3:

4 Likes