Noob question on nic levels

Jeebus, no! Haha! Sorry if I wasn’t clear. We were talking about nicotine base strength, not desired strength of the mix!

5 Likes

Dang so I think I may just have a ton of stale nic. :frowning: just got home and threw together a 10ml mix. Used the 100mg/ml nic at 3mg in the mix. Literally all it taste like is pepper. Hopefully central vapor will help me out or this may just have to be my goodbye to vaping. Did this to save money lol not end up buying a bunch of different nicotine :frowning: wish me luck with their customer support!

5 Likes

@VapeGnarly333 Welcome to the forum. I’m fairly certain that 99.9% of us had some issue/issues in the beginning of entering our rabbit holes… As you read, chat and mix more- you will be laughing at yourself in a few short months!!

If you have ANY QUESTIONS, just ask dude.

Dan

5 Likes

Yeah im fairly discouraged at this point. Took a week and a half to get this nicotine. Now it’s stale. Their site says no refunds on bulk purchases. So thats probably not going to go anywhere. So I’m kind of just stuck with pepper nic until I get money to order something better. Dont have money for pre mix juice since I just went all out on the 1000ml nic. Really crappy spot to get into trying new hobby lol. So now I’m genuinely contemplating just quitting. Maybe this is my sign lol.

5 Likes

Well… That sounds like you’re giving up. I don’t have time for that.

Fight through- and you’ll end up saving a pile of cash- and mix some incredible juices! I wish you the best.

5 Likes

I don’t want to give up man. I just don’t know what to do. Every nic site doesn’t ship anymore. I use search and its like you need a business license or these shops are closed. I’m at a loss on where to get nicotine. I can’t seem to find a small bottles anywhere to get by while I try to sort the stale nic issue. I can’t afford another 100 on bulk nic right now. They tried to make vaping hard and they have done a pretty good job lol.

6 Likes

Pricey but great product. Do not mention vaping if you email them with a question. If asked what you want the nic for say you’re making lozenges. You can get 120ml 100mg for 25.99.
https://www.carolinaxtract.com/shop-cffd

6 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

3 Likes

Hold up there. Don’t fret and start throwing in towels! My theory about the 100mg nic is not the only thing to consider.

Let’s see that 10ml recipe you didn’t give any time to steep. Maybe someone can spot another culprit. Do not give up on this! You may just need to let this mix steep for a week, maybe just a few days.

Also, try a flavorless 10ml with just PG/VG and Nic set to 3mg. Making sure it’s not any of your flavors is important.

Then, try 10ml with just your VG and PG with zero nic. Ruling those out is also important.

You’re going to be ok.

And if, after you run these tests and anything anyone else can recommend, you still have pepper in every mix… Call the company you purchased it from direct. Tell them everything you’ve tried. They should be more than helpful if they gave you crappy nicotine.

3 Likes

That’s the thing I messed up and did .3mg initially lol. Zero of any pepper taste. As soon as I do actual 3mg all I taste is pepper. My nicotine is literally yellow and taste like pepper. I’m doing the lowest nic for a buzz. I’ve done 3mg and 6mg for the longest time with pre mix and never tasted this this bad. It’s literally pepper taste. I really hope that central vapor refunds me or sends me something decent but the fact that this crap got sent to me is already a huge red flag. I just want my money back and never give them another dollar I honestly don’t care for them to make it right. They had that chance on the bulk order already. Like for me to order something that should last for months and they send something stale. Like I’m good on that place. Like why is it even in their stock? Who oked to send it? It’s old product and money lost if they don’t sell it. No refunds on bulk so why not?

3 Likes

Like for reals expectation vs reality

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

4 Likes

3mg in the mix, so you put in 0.3ml right?
Not 3.0ml.

0.3ml of 100mg/ml Nicotine, in 10ml bottle comes to 3mg of Nicotine.

3.0ml of 100mg/ml Nicotine, in a 10ml bottle comes to 30mg of Nicotine.

You said you are used to vaping 3mg and 6mg of Nicotine.

4 Likes

Thanks for trying to help. I measured by weight and not volume on a milligram scale. So in your example 0.310mg of 100mg/ml nicotine. Well you know maybe like .312 or something but you know what I mean.

5 Likes

I just want to clarify here. Yall are seriously saying that between shaking and steeping. I can expect this to go from a miserable burning gross pepper hit, to an enjoyable strawberry lemon? Like I just squeezed some of my go to straw lemon and it was so smooth and like the first nic buzz I got all day. Literally laid there in bliss for 30 seconds lmao.

3 Likes

I feel your frustration, VG3. I hope you follow through with the tests I recommended and contact the company.

They may have sent this to you knowing it had turned funky and just hoped you were new to this and wouldn’t know any better.

But you have a bunch of new friends here who do know better. If you conclude it is bunk, call them out, and they don’t make it right… they will likely lose business. So, please contact them. If not for you, for the next guy. They need to know you know, for sure.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum and to DIY @VapeGnarly333. I see you are getting frustrated and I certainly don’t blame you but if I can encourage you to stick with it then I will give it a try.

You have gotten some excellent advice and @Plunderdrum has taken it in hand. I am thinking his guess is pretty good and also the steep. Try it in two weeks and hopefully it is golden.

7 Likes

Hi, when did you order from them and how much did you order from them? I actually just posted something last night about their nicotine tasting and smelling like a cigar/ashtray and it’s the same with Vapor Vapes Nicotine. I usually ordered CNT Nicotine but since Liquid Barn doesn’t sell it anymore, I’ve been forced to find another Nic vendor. That peppery smell and taste is exactly what I’m looking for haha :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Mine was ordered around June 18th. Like you said with yours I got a VG base. I’m thinking it might have just been sitting for a decade or something since nobody really orders VG base. I have submitted a return form on their site with details of testing the flavor. If I don’t hear back by tomorrow I am going to call their contact phone number and see if I can get some help. I’ll keep you posted on what I hear, so maybe you can do the same if they help me.

5 Likes

So I heard back from Central Vapors. Getting mixed answers at this time but mostly sounds like they are saying I’m SOL. The worst part is they basically openly admit I got bad nicotine saying that the taste and discoloration is probably from prolonged heat and sun exposure. So the bottle they just sent shows signs of heat and sun exposure lol but since it was a bulk order they don’t do anything for you.

2 Likes