Norseman’s Review on the Mjölnir RDA from Cthulhu MOD and Anthony Vapes

I received this Mjölnir RDA free of charge directly from Cthulhu MOD for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

Packaging
This one comes in a tin can with the name of the RDA on the lid and a drawing of the Norse Mjölnir, together with Cthulhu MOD and Anthony Vapes.

When you open it up you will find the RDA in a cutout in foam with the 510 drip tip adaptor and 510 drip tip beside it in their own cutouts, and underneath that you will find the goodie bag, a user manual, and a warranty card with a link to their social media.

The RDA
This is a 2-piece 24 mm single coil RDA made in collaboration between Cthulhu MOD and Anthony Vapes, who is a YouTube reviewer. It is a clean looking RDA, the top of the barrel got some lines beveled into it and the bottom of the barrel got some knurling going on in two fields, and that’s it really, no logo, no etching, no engraving, and I must say that I like the clean look.

The only place you can find anything is at the bottom of the deck, and there you’ll find the name of the RDA and also Cthulhu MOD and Anthony Vapes.

If anything, I must say that Cthulhu MOD have been very creative with their RDA’s this year, coming up with all kinds of innovative solutions for the posts and deck. And this one is no exception.

It got a post/deck system that you can take out for cleaning or whatever purpose you might have. You just loosen the 510 screw and voilà, the whole thing comes out in one piece. It is really easy to build and wick, you just put the coil leg into the slot and tighten the screw, and the coil sit nice and snug.

The innovation doesn’t lie within the posts themselves, they are what I would say normal in the sense that you put a coil leg in and tighten the post screw. The innovation is that you so easily can take out the whole deck, and also how the airflow works with the chimney/double barrel.

The Mjölnir got a double barrel thing going on, kinda like how the chimney works on an RTA, the same principle works here, you put a build in, you wick it and put the wicks in the intended wicking slots.

When the barrel is attached it is basically leak proof, since the wick in the slots close that part off so no liquid can get out that way. The double barrel/chimney makes it vape like it would be a 20-22 mm RDA and not the 24 mm RDA it really is. Clever…

The only way it can leak is through the airflow and that will only happen if you over drip or over squonk by much. And with a juice well that is close to 18 mm deep, it can hold a huge amount of liquid before it starts to leak.

It looks like it has side airflow, but it doesn’t. The way the airflow is made, it goes in at the side of the barrel and then down into the deck and comes up underneath the coil, giving you a bottom airflow experience and flavor.

The airflow has been buttery smooth for me in the time I have used it and you are able to adjust it from quite airy down to an open MTL draw kinda. I haven’t managed to get it to whistle or make any other noises. The airflow also has stoppers at both ends, meaning it stops when it is wide open and also at fully closed.

It utilizes 810 drip tips and the resin one it comes with is a really nice looking drip tip. I tried it with some of the 810 drip tips I have and they all sat nice and snug on it. It does also come with a 510 drip tip adaptor and a 510 drip tip, both in frosted delrin or Ultem.

How does it Vape you might wonder by now… To be honest it has been a nice experience. It delivers on flavor, meaning it gives me good flavor from the get go. There’s only one thing you have to be careful with and that is to not stuff the coil to tight with cotton. If you do that you will experience dry hits. The reason for this is the long wicks into the juice well that might make it a bit harder to transport the liquid all the way up to the coil.

Assessment
It is a nice looking RDA with basically no cons at all. It is well built, machined nicely, it delivers on flavor, it is easy to both build and wick and it is real hard to get it to leak under normal circumstances. Furthermore, Cthulhu Mod has become synonymous with good quality and innovation these days, to be honest.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you are in the market for a well built single coil RDA that provides you with good flavor I don’t see why not… And from what I have seen it is also priced fair, which, in turn, makes it more attractive.

Pros
Machining
Hybrid safe
Good flavor
Squonk ready
O-rings
Easy to build and wick
Looks good
Takes a lot to make it leak
Priced fair

Cons
I have tried real hard to find a real con this time around, but I couldn’t find one

Parameters
Width: 24 mm
Height: 29.3 mm without the drip tip
SS, Black

Package includes
1 x Mjölnir RDA
1 x Frosted 510 drip tip
1 x Frosted 510 drip tip adaptor
1 x Squonk pin
4 x Spare post screws
1 x Regular 510 pin
1 x Screwdriver
2 x Allen key
Spare O-rings
Manual
Warranty card that you can extend by joining Cthulhu’s social media

You will find it here
Mjölnir RDA for $29.99 at the time I wrote the review.

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

6 Likes

Very good review on a nice looking RDA @Norseman.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot man :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you for a great review. Those pics just keep getting better and better and in my insignificant but humble opinion are integral to a good review.
Now can someone, in phonetic spelling if possible, tell me how to pronounce Cthulhu? :thinking:

3 Likes

Thanks for a nice comment man :+1:

3 Likes