Norseman’s Review on the Tenno POD from Samurai Modz

I received the Tenno POD free of charge directly from Samurai Modz for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

Packaging
This one came in a rectangular black box printed to look like Carbon fibre and with the Tenno POD printed on the front. On the sides you find info on what POD you got and in what color plus a couple of warnings that the product may contain Nicotine and so on. On the back of the box you find info on what the kit include.

When you open the box you find the Tenno POD sitting in a cutout in foam and underneath the foam you find the manual, spare coils, charging cable, an extra liquid cartridge and a lanyard.

The Tenno POD
I normally don’t review POD’s but since Samurai Modz sent me a surprise package with this Tenno POD and the Kabuto RDA I decided to do a review on it anyway to be nice towards the guys at Samurai Modz. And I am kinda glad that I did to be honest since this little POD has surprised me a lot. But let’s start with the first impression shall we…

I got the one with the print they call Ronin and my first impression was that it is a good looking POD. It looked well made and just the design appealed to me. So I primed one coil and filled the liquid cartridge and let it sit for a while so the liquid could saturate the cotton real good.

At this point I need to say that I only have Max VG liquid that I mix myself. Max VG is my thing just because I normally only use RDA’s that can handle that. Anyway, I filled it with my Max VG liquid and just hoped for the best. The best in this case would be that the Tenno could handle Max VG.

When I started using it I was expecting it to give me dry hits and lots of it thanks to my Max VG mix but to my surprise it just gave me well saturated draws and even though I tried to get it to a point where it couldn’t keep up it still didn’t give me a single dry hit.

The flavor I get out of it is also beyond what I have gotten from other POD’s I have tried earlier. Ok, to be honest, it isn’t as good as the flavor I get from my best RDA’s but in all fairness I must say that it delivers and gives me good flavor. At the end of the day I am impressed just over this fact and that fact alone have made me use this POD a lot more than I actually thought I would.

It is a small device with its 97mm X 28mm X 18mm and it weighs 63g and the build quality is excellent. Everything fits together without any issues and that for me is a big pro. It does come with a lanyard fitted with a rubber ring that you mount around the POD and this means you can have it hanging around your neck for easy access.

The liquid goes into the black cartridge sitting on top of the POD and the coils goes into the bottom of that cartridge. The cartridge holds 3ml of liquid for most of the world and for the poor guys living under the TPD regime it just holds 2ml. While mentioning the coils I need to address the fact that the coils got an airflow ring on them that you can use to change the airflow in this device and I would say that most people will be able to find a setting that suites them.

The draw on the Tenno is quite nice, ok some sounds comes out of it but if you are using a device people mean is silent they as well do make some noises to an extent, I mean you are after all forcing air through a small hole. I would call the Tenno silent with no whistling going on.

The battery is a 1100mAh internal battery that didn’t last me one day of use when I used it for this review. In order to be able to use it all day long I had to charge the battery once. It is also possible to use the POD while it is charging thanks to pass through charging

The wattage output on this one is between 10-15w and you can change the wattage between three preset levels, the first one is 3.2V and the light is blue, the second is 3.5V and the light is green and the third is 3.7V with a red light. In order to change the voltage output you click the fire button three times quickly. As normal for most devices this one also powers up when you press the fire button 5 times quickly and it shuts off the same way unless you let it sit for 5 minutes and it will shut off by itself to preserve battery.

Assessment
It is my opinion that this POD is the best one I have tried and used up to this date. It can handle Max VG liquid without any issues. The flavor I get out of it is actually really good for a POD. The coil life has been really good but I expect the coil life to be somewhat shorter when it is used with store bought liquid that has sweetener in it.

One drawback is the short battery life I had with it but on the other hand it is easy enough to charge and the fact that you can use it while it is charging.

Can i recommend it to others?
I don’t see why not when it comes to the Tenno POD. It is well built, it does deliver on flavor, it can handle Max VG liquid, you can change the airflow on it and it does look good and it has a number of options when it comes to the design on it.

Pros
Machining
Handles Max VG liquid
Good flavor
No leaking
Looks good
Adjustable airflow
Ease of use

Cons
Battery life

Parameters
Length: 97mm
Width: 28mm
Height: 18mm
Designs: Samurai Modz has a number of different options to choose from, check them out on their website.

Package Includes
1 x Tenno POD
1 x 0.7Ω coil
1 x 1.0Ω coil
1 x Extra cartridge
1 x Micro USB charging cable
1 x Lanyard
1 x Manual

You will find it here
Tenno POD

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

5 Likes

Nicely done @Norseman. Was this your first POD review ?

3 Likes

Thanks man. Not really the first one but one of the few i have done.
Not really my cup of tea to be honest since the ones i have tried before never has presented any flavor worth talking about.

3 Likes

Thanks for the review dude. They have some really nice looking gear, I think I’ll head over and spend some time checking it out. :v: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Thanks man. Yeah they do have some really nice stuff on their website.

3 Likes