Norseman's Review on the Aura from Digiflavor

I received this RDA free of charge from the vendor efun.top for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.
So…it is time to see what a collaboration between Daniel at DJLsb and Digiflavor has resulted in.

Packaging
It comes in a square white box with a small plastic window on the front, and on the back it has a little info about the RDA along with a scratch and sniff for authenticity check.

When you finally open the box up - which can take a little while as there are no cut out’s on the side allowing you to get a good grip on the bottom half (ooo errr) - you will find the RDA and a drip tip in cutouts in the padding. Underneath that you find the two goodie bags, the first contains the obligatory o-rings, phillips screws and a 510 drip tip adaptor. In the second goodie bag you will find the coiling tools and the phillips key chain screwdriver. The box also contains a user manual in various languages.

The RDA
The Aura is a 24mm 3-piece RDA with both bottom and side airflow, which can be used independently from each other. If you don’t wanna use the bottom airflow you are able to use only the side airflow and vice versa. On one side of the top cap it has Aura engraved and apart from three lines at the bottom, thats all there is on it - I must say it is clean looking.

It comes with 2 drip tips and both are 810 compatible, which is a really nice feature. A 510 drip tip adaptor is also included for those who don’t like the bigger sized drip tips. I tried a few Goon drip tips on it and they all fit very well, without any issues.

The top cap doesn’t have any knurling on it and you don’t really need any, since to adjust the airflow you rotate the whole upper part of the cap. The airflow does work really well and it is up to the individual to decide how they wanna adjust the airflow on this one. I have mostly been rocking it with the bottom airflow closed, for better flavor and a bit of restriction.

The deck itself has a nice deep juice well and it can hold a fair amount of juice. The posts are gold plated, for what I suspect is better conductivity, and they hold a couple of big ass phillips screws which I enjoyed using to tighten down the coils. It is easy enough to build on and the placement of the coils are easy to adjust. On one of the posts it has DJLsb engraved as a courtesy to Daniel.
This RDA can hold a fair amount of wire due to the big post holes they have given it - big fancy coils shouldn’t be an issue at all.

The o-rings on it are good and they hold everything in place as they should. If I could say anything, it is that the o-rings on the deck are a bit more loose than the upper ring on the cap. But no complaints really.
One thing that has been bugging me since i started using it, is the fact that I got a ton of condensation from the lower airflow. That condensation gets collected on the Ultem disc that sits at the base of the RDA, so it kinda weeps out and ends up on the mod. This happens regardless of whether the bottom airflow is turned off or not. To me the bottom airflow is a fail in the design, as it is made right now - a big con in my eyes.

Assessment
The Aura is well built and of good quality and the ease to put a build in it is great.
To vape on it is a nice experience as you get good flavor, the clouds are dense and when you drip you can do so directly through the drip tip - the juice will disperse in the well reaching the cotton on both coils. All in all a good RDA with some issues that could and should have been addressed before the release.

Since I received the gold one, I haven’t had the issues others had with the Ultem base ring that doesn’t match the color of the drip tip. On the gold it comes with a yellow Ultem drip tip and the Ultem base ring is also yellow. I believe that on the SS RDA it comes with a black drip tip but a yellow Ultem base ring. I can see that being an issue for some.

Can I recommend it to others?
I would say sure, absolutely, why not! It is priced fairly and for the money you get a good RDA that is ready to use on a Squonk device - so go for it!

Pros
Build Deck
Quality O-rings (snug fit)
Price
Squonk ready
Flavor
Protruding 510 pin (hybrid safe)

Cons
Condensation (big con)
Color on drip tip not matching the Ultem base ring (SS and perhaps the black one)

Parameters:
Diameter: 24mm
Thread: 510

Package Includes:
1x Aura RDA BF and non BF 510 pin
2 sets of 810 drip tips
2 sets of phillips screws
1 pair of clapton coils
4 coil tools, 2 x 3mm and 2 x 2.5mm
Phillips screwdriver (key chain ready)
510 drip tip adaptor

You can get it here:
efun.top for $27.99 or $17.99 if you create an account at the time i wrote the review.

As always if you would like to see how the Aura scored against other pieces of awesome vapeology then feel free to hop on over to Steampugs, and while you are there come and meet the new, ever-growing Steam Team!

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

15 Likes

Great review! I’m a sucker for a good bottom airflow rda but that damn ultem kills me!

1 Like

That’s really cool they include those different sized coil rods. Never saw a mfr do that before. Thanx for the review! :metal:

1 Like

Looks like a great deal and well done on the review, lots of great info. Thanks

1 Like

Great review, dude. Those screws are amazing, I wish every atty had ones like them!

1 Like

Great review petal!

1 Like

Cheers mate thanks for the info.

1 Like

Thanks guys and sorry for the late response.

1 Like

@Norseman thank you for the usefull review.
About Aura - unusual rich tools complect.

1 Like