Norseman's Review on the Karma 2 Kit from Geek Vape

I received this Karma 2 Kit free of charge from HealthCabin for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

Packaging
The Karma 2 comes in the by now so well known black and orange box we have seen so many times before. When you open the box up you will find the Karma with the Tsunami attached to it in a cut out, and above that you will find the 510 drip tip adapter for the RDA.

Underneath the foam you will find a goodie bag with spare o-rings, spare post screws, squonk pin, the all so famous t-shaped tool, a manual and an extra spring for the switch. On the backside of the package you will find some info about whats included and the obligatory scratch and sniff used to check for authenticity.

The Tube
It is a 25 mm hybrid tube with the same beveled lines that the original Karma has, and it can be used with 18650, 20700 and 21700 batteries, and it comes with an 18650 battery sleeve. The color on it feels really grippy and in the time I have been using it, it hasn’t slipped in my grip. Besides being grippy the color seems to be sturdy but I guess time will tell how good it will last.

The overall quality is as always good when it comes from Geek Vape, the threads are just buttery smooth and I haven’t had any issues putting the switch onto the tube itself nor have I had any problems with the 510 threads on the hybrid connection.

A nice touch is that they have lined the interior of the tube with delrin in order to make it a lot safer so even with a tear in the battery wrap it won’t give you a short or in the worst case scenario a thermal runaway. This means that Geek Vape take safety seriously.

With that said i feel the need to say that you should never use a battery with a teared wrap ever and if you find one in your arsenal put it to the side and re-wrap it before using it.

The switch is spring loaded and as such it has worked flawlessly in the time I have been using it. I never experienced any hot button despite the low builds I have put onto it and that is a good thing. The button is pretty firm and is quite nice to use and the throw is around 2-3 mm.

It is made out of four pieces including the spring, and the button itself looks like it is made out of copper. What the tube is made out of, and the switch housing, is unclear, and I have tried to find any info on that both on Geek Vape’s site and elsewhere without any luck. I did even write Geek Vape but they have unfortunately not replied to that message.

Like many other mechanical tubes this one doesn’t have any lock mechanism on the switch and could actually auto fire if you are unlucky. In the time I have had it pocketed it hasn’t done anything like that.

At the bottom of the tube just above the switch you will find six small venting holes around the tube to allow for gases to escape, in case a venting would occur, and the amount of holes should for sure be able to let them gases out without any issues.

To end the tube part i will say that for a cheap kit like this, it does hit real decent. Had no issues with any of it and since i don’t measure any voltage drop i can’t say how big of a loss it has but at the end of the day i don’t think you will be disappointed.

The RDA
The New Tsunami Pro RDA is a nice piece of kit of good quality. It got a velocity deck and as such it is real easy to build on. The only gripe would be that the bottom airflow takes up a lot of room in the juice well meaning less room for cotton and juice.

The o-rings on this one contrary to the first one I got in another kit, is really good and hold the barrel in place real snug and that goes for the o-ring holding the drip tip as well.

The airflow does admit that you use it in both dual or single coil mode and the airflow itself is easy to adjust to your liking. It is really open and airy but not noisy and works pretty good.
A good thing is that the 510 pin protrudes real good and that makes it hybrid safe for sure.

Something i think Geek Vape failed on, is that they made the drip tip proprietary so you can’t use any other drip tips in your arsenal unless you are a fan of 510 drip tips. I would have liked a 810 drip tip adapter to make it possible to use all those good looking Goon drip tips i know a lot of people have hanging around.

When it comes to how this one perform I must say that it does deliver on flavor, it might not be remarkably good, but it is definitely decent for sure.

Assessment
It is a well built piece of kit that will give the person interested in starting with mechanical mods all he/she needs to get going. Only thing I would have wished for is a 510 connection to make that start even safer for the new people to mechs.

One good thing though is that Geek Vape chose to line the interior of the tube with delrin in order to make it a whole lot safer and that was a smart move for sure. Other than that I would say it is a nice kit and the fact that you can use it with 18650, 20700 and 21700 batteries might make it even more attractive for some people.

Can I recommend it to others?
I sure can to be honest. It is a nice low priced kit that includes what someone need to start with mechanical tube mods. It is well built and it does look good.

Pros
Machining
Delrin lined
Threads
Usable with 18650, 20700, 21700
510 drip tip adapter
18650 sleeve
No battery rattle
Hybrid safe (the RDA)

Cons
No 510 connection (highly subjective on my part)
Proprietary drip tip
Juice well a bit cramped

Parameters
Tube
Width: 25 mm
Length: 91 mm
Black, Copper
RDA
Width: 25 mm
Height: 31 mm (with drip tip)

Package includes
1 x Karma 2 mechanical mod
1 x 18650 battery sleeve
1 x Tsunami Pro RDA
1 x Extra spring
1 x Goodie bag
1 x Manual

You will find it here
At HealthCabin for $47.99 at the time I wrote the review.

And before ending this review I want to point out a few things of importance to those new to mech mods and also the seasoned user. Remember to always pay attention to…
Battery safety
Ohms law
Having a hybrid connection you must make sure to have a protruding enough 510 pin on the atomizer
Keeping your mech mod clean at all times. Meaning the connections, switch, threading and internally

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

12 Likes

for the price it looks like a nice kit.
thanks for the honest review man :facepunch:

3 Likes

Thanks for the comment bro :+1:

2 Likes

@Norseman I don’t even USE mechs, but your review makes me WANT to. I haven’t heard anyone use the term buttery smooth on threads since my Provari days. :slight_smile:

Nicely done, great details pointed out, for a great review. Thank you.

4 Likes

Thanks for the comment and nice words :+1:

2 Likes

Nice pictures and review, that is a fine looking Mech MOD. :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks man :+1:

3 Likes

Nice kit and great review; thanks for that, bro :+1::sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for commenting bro :+1:

2 Likes