Norseman's Review on the Pulse 24 from Vandy Vape

I received this RDA free of charge from cigabuy.com for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

Package
This RDA comes in the well known blue and white square box from Vandy Vape where the RDA is on top together with an extra drip tip. Underneath you will find the manual and the goodie bag with extra grub screws, o-rings, 510-adaptor, 510 squonk pin and a tool with a screwdriver and allen keys on it.

The RDA
It is a 3-piece RDA with 2 air holes on each side and on the lower part it has 4 tubes attached which go into the deck, leading the air right to the coils. The way it is built I would say that it supports both single and dual coils without any issues.

This is a postless RDA and as with many others like it, it doesn’t have much of a juice well. It is however really easy to build on and there’s no problem positioning the coils in order to get the most out of it flavor wise.

The drip tip size is 810 so any of your Goon drip tips will fit nicely on it, and the ones I have tried worked just fine. It came with a yellow ultem which I used and a tad smaller black one which I haven’t tried.

The airflow with both holes open gives you a really wide open RDA which still has good flavor, but if you close it off a bit it becomes a little restricted and the flavor becomes more intense. Even though I’m not the biggest fan of restricted RDA’s, I do like great flavor and this one can provide me with that.

I used coils yet again from Stratos (www.instagram.com/qstraq/) in this RDA and this time I tried his Framed Staples. As with the other coils I have tried these also perform really well, giving me good flavor. If you haven’t already I strongly recommend you to go to his Instagram and check him out.

It has a notch on the inside of the lower sleeve and a corresponding one on the deck which makes the top cap sit in the same place every time you put it on, meaning it sits where it should at all times. Perhaps not to everyone’s liking, but I kinda find it nice knowing the airflow will sit where it should.

The upper sleeve has a conical shape to it which helps out in improving the flavor and believe me, it is good for sure.

This RDA also has good o-rings and everything sits real snug as it should. Even after using it for a while and getting juice all over the o-rings, they still do their job keeping everything in place, holding the parts together real snug. Good job there Vandy Vape.

My only real gripe with this rda is the leakage i have noticed through the 510 pin. Despite all my efforts to get rid of that leakage it is still there. If i had used it on a squonk mod i wouldn’t mind the juice going through the 510 pin but on a hybrid mechanical tube it isn’t as much fun since the positive on the batteries get drenched in liquid.

Assessment
My list of great flavor RDA’s of 2017 is growing by every review lately as this one also, without any doubt, gets on that list. It is easy to build, it delivers good flavor and the price isn’t bad either. The fact that you can use it on any of your squonk mods makes it even more interesting.

Can i recommend it to others?
Yes I can, after all what all of us want is good flavor and it delivers on that. We also like our RDA’s to be easy to build on, and it is. It is also fairly priced at $21.01

Pros
Easy to build
Good flavor
Squonk pin
O-rings (snug fit)
Protruding 510 pin (hybrid safe)

Cons
Shallow deck
Leaks through the 510 pin (big con)

Parameters
Width: 24.4mm
Height: 23mm without the drip tip
Stainless Steel, Black, Heat Treated, Gold

Package includes
1 x Pulse 24
2 x Drip tips
1 x Goodie bag

You can get it here
Pulse 24 for $21.01

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

18 Likes

sweet for squonking and not so much for dripping, gotcha.
i’ll stick with the aura and gaias at least for now.
thanks for another well written review man, always enjoy reading them and lookong forward to the next one.

3 Likes

Yeah with the leakage through the 510 pin it is better suited for squonking than dripping.
Thanks bro.

3 Likes

Straight up and to the point as usual - thank you

3 Likes

Great review once again, @Norseman!

4 Likes

thanks for another great review!

3 Likes

Lovely job petal! :+1:

4 Likes

Great review, interesting to see you say it leaks through the 510 pin, my Goon RDA did that recently so I removed the 510 pin, the peek insulator plus the positive post and cleaned it all up with some kitchen towel, tightened it all back down and so far :crossed_fingers: Cheers!

3 Likes

Nice review. Yeah leaking through the 510 is a definite turn off.

3 Likes

Thank you dear much appreciated

2 Likes

Thanks VM i do my best :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time and comment :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks dear and thanks to you and your proof reading i do look so much better in my reviews :+1:

2 Likes

I have tried about everything i can do myself without any luck and it still leaks. Maybe the tolerances aren’t as good as they should be in some of the rda’s and they therefore leak… Thanks bro :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the comment. Yeah leaking isn’t that attractive unless you use it as a squonk rda and as such it is a really nice one.

1 Like

Great review again thanks for sharing man :ok_hand:🖒

2 Likes

Thanks man :+1:

2 Likes

so are you saying that it literally leaks from the 510? as in not just the squonking hole? im sure thats what you meant, but if it indeed does leak thru a solid 510, how on earth did this thing make it to the mainstream market? that just doesent sound safe to me. keep up the good work.

1 Like

I have the Pulse 24 and his little brother the Pulse 22, my 24 is out on loan to a friend who is using it on his new Pulse squonk mod. I use mine strictly as squonkers, my 22 mm sits on my Yiloong Gorilla, an inexpensive squonk mod that has a long throw on the fire switch but it delivers once you figure out a pattern that works for you. I have several other RDA’s all set up for squonking, a Dead Rabbit, Goon 1.5, inexpensive clones of the Hadalay and Entheon while inexpensive they are not cheap, I’ve had cheap and these ain’t it. Lets see, I guess that’s it for my squonking RDA’s don’t have much else new most of my RDA’s are a minimum of 3.5-4 years old lots of new sruff since. I was surprised at how easy the Pulse was to build and the flavor is outstanding. Thank you for the excellent write up on the Pulse 24 mm RDA.

1 Like

Thanks man. This is a good review of this rda. I like the price

1 Like