Nose irritation

40 years smoking and only 4 months without analog cigarette I am still vaper of MTL
So maybe my nose is more sensitive than my taste buds …
but anyway:
Starting my own juices and some irritating my nose.
The basis I use (PG (20%) / VG (80%) / 6mg nic) is the same for all recipes. So it is not the source of the problem.
suspected to be caused by the flavoring.
I suspect of some such as yogurt-tpa, coconut (double) - tpa, Strawberry (Red Touch) (FA) depending on the combination and a high percentage of graham cracker (clear) - tpa.
Is this the cause? What ways to reduce or eliminate the problem?

4 Likes

The easiest way to check would be to vape unflavored. 20/80 with 6mg nic.

Try that for a few weeks and see if the problem goes away.

If it does then start single flavor testing the flavors you suspect causing the issues.

Test them one at a time for a period of 2 weeks. Then move to the next single flavor and test it for two weeks.

10 Likes

" Vaping side effects in perspective

A lot of the perceived side effects from vaping are actually side effects from nicotine usage. And many of the above examples are shared with FDA-approved forms of nicotine replacement therapies. That said, a few these side effects are particular to vaping itself. The key to remember is that vapes are not health products. They are, however, a much safer alternative when vaping is compared to smoking. If you are one of the millions that use vaping as an alternative to smoking, the mild side effects from vaping should be viewed in comparisons to the absolute hazards of smoking cigarettes."
re: 9 Side Effects of Vaping to Know - Vaping360

Could also try vaping your mixes without nic (could use a different nic or cut down from 6 mg) and see if the nose sensitivity lessens.

5 Likes

Nothing groundbreaking to offer, but I use a Neti Pot for those kinds of problems. Especially now in winter when humidity is low and nasal crust is high. It’s very soothing when used with a bit of saline and purified water.
As an added bonus, it helps with vapers tongue also. Go figure.

5 Likes

Using only the base (80/20) 6mg of nic, without adding any flavoring does not cause irritations.
All the recipes I make use of this same base and a part of them is perfect.

But as there is the possibility of some specific flavoring reaction, I will test a recipe that is proven to irritate using a nicotine-free base.

4 Likes

I get a super irritated dry nose from vaping. It might be just that the VG/PG is known to draw moisture out of your body but after I switched to a different nicotine it was happening much less. I still swab my noise with coconut oil or sometimes burn ointment or else I can’t keep vaping some people are very sensitive to it i guess

3 Likes

Thank you friends.
Two answers talk about nicotine.
I’ve always used it and it’s not over yet.
But before I even finish I will order one of a different brand to test.

Interesting the different reactions:
The vaper does not make me dry. on the contrary; brings me a slight runny nose,
Okay, I always thought this was a normal defense reaction of the body to the act of vacuuming the steam.

3 Likes

This post serves only as information and not a conclusion for everyone … it is about my organism, my natural defenses.
I decided to eliminate nicotine from my juice.
So I spent time just using juice with VG (on average 85% VG and 15% PG) without any nicotine for about two months.
This stopped all bad symptoms I felt: a sore throat and a runny nose.
Still, I tested a new nicotine brand from LW.
Then the symptoms returned.

In short: In my case, nicotine is the bad guy.

Flavors, mixtures of PG or VG in any proportion (or alone) are not to blame.

I hope it helps other users.

5 Likes

I use a 70% VG 30% PG blend with 3mg/ml. A while back I had issues with nasal passage irritation, a sore throat, and would frequently get nose bleeds.

I was using 100% VG Liquid Nicotine Warehouse’s 48 mg nicotine. I switched to 100% VG PurNic brand 100 mg nicotine and haven’t had a problem since.

At higher concentrations, I use less (overall) of the product to get the same results…

I’m glad you figured out your problem. If you find yourself craving nicotine, please do not go back to cigarettes!! Try PurNic. It may help!

1 Like