Note To Self - Label the Bloody Bottles!

This is really just a rant at myself for being lazy. I made a 10ml tester mix of something pre-mixed and something else. Put it to the back to rest for a couple of days thinking “I will remember what that is”.
I found it again yesterday after goodness know how long. You know the rest. It’s lovely. I want to make 100ml of it. I have no idea what’s in it :sob:

15 Likes

Damn …ive done that a few times …

7 Likes

I’ve been there before. Usually I can know it’s one of 3 or 4 recipes. Though I get lazy and skip a label sometimes, I always use the recipe app and the recent recipes are time stamped appearing at the top of the list.

4 Likes

Didn’t you use the ELR calculator to make it? If so, you must have a saved copy of it in ELR.

3 Likes

No, it was a bit of this added to a bit of that. I’ve looked at the last few recipes in my list and it’s none of those. I’ve shot myself in the foot unfortunately by not using the ELR calculator.

5 Likes

ahh. well we have all at some point put too much trust on our memory :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Learnt that years ago, even if I make a mistake while mixing, like changing a percentage or a drop too many, I change the recipe and never mix without ELR in front or stick a label even a stupid one will do and “edit” is my friend when I mix, add something? I edit even if adding sugar…

4 Likes

Been there, done that, bought a time share… :rofl:

6 Likes

Hehe, well, at least you learned this EARLY into the game. Sucks to have a winner, but can’t replicate it.

4 Likes

I usually keep 5 or 6 tanks going. Once, I refilled a 3 mil tank that was only half empty. Quickly realized it didn’t taste right. Then realized it tasted better. Then realized it tasted real good.

Obviously I had grabbed the wrong refill bottle from a rack of a dozen, but no idea which one.

8 Likes

IDK if you use excel or any kind of spreadsheet software but I do, I have a file called master recipes that has the name, date, VG/PG and nicotine and also ingredients% for each recipe. My spreadsheet also automatically calculates the current steep time. On my bottles i add a simple sticker with the name and date so I can look it up on the spreadsheet.

Just an idea

9 Likes

And a great idea at that @CosmicTruth.

4 Likes

This happened to my “suicide” mix bottle (it’s a bottle where I put my not so good-meh-mediocre mixes together). Sometimes it tasted so good, but I couldn’t remember what mixes I put in it.

7 Likes

Hey, ive been using a spreadsheet to keep track of flavour tests and test mixes and haven’t really come up with anything ‘perfect’ yet but plan to have a separate workbook for ‘finished’ ones, yours looks the perfect idea to keep it all neat and tidy! Nice!

3 Likes

Ha! I just sat down to label the juice I made this week before I made any more.

Help me …previous topic re: a Change Request here, or other e-juice calculators available and the ability to check a box -> “I just mixed this”? Software that would subtract the mg s of that recipe from your current inventory and let you know it was “Time to Buy More”? That of course would be more complex, but even just the same checkbox for ELR, which only populates another menu group (search results page) like the already existing “Favorites” …something like “I just mixed this” >> “Recent”?

Thanks for the share @Jellybean [brave] ! This is how we ALL learn …the best info comes from mistakes. Sharpening your e-Juice skills is about all the granular DIY Lab processes you build for yourself, not just the fun Culinary tasty mixing flavors part.

I can’t remember reading any how-to Manual that didn’t have a “Don’t do this~!” section. Honestly, we all toss those manuals first thing, because when you learn things the hard way, they’re much easier to remember/follow. While reading comprehension is hard, its always less painful and time-saving to read the “Manual”, including the warnings.

Luckily we all have ELR (!) because if you blow dried your hair in the running shower, and wanted to share that mistake (no!) …I am currently unaware of any religion offering Afterlife Forums (“join in the conversation @ hashtag I_Didn’t_Read_the_Instructions”~! …Heaven’s Biggest Chatroom) :wink:

5 Likes

Wow, That’s awesom! ru willing to share your work sheet or formula for calculating the sterp time? btw that malted salted sounds great😀

3 Likes

I use a very handy little app on my tab called “Liquix 2” (Available on the Google App store for next to nothing). It allows search by alpha and date, does all of the necessary calcs inc trial batches etc. Couldn’t do without it now. Even has a label design and print function.

4 Likes

using a today function in the first date cell and the manually entered date in the second date cell, its just a matter of subtracting the 2 cells to get the number of days (shown in the yellow cell).
the next cells are conditionally formatted to change colors but they each have a formula to count months like…
=IF([today cell]-[made on date cell]>30,1,-1) …the next cells to the right are 60, 90, 120 etc…
So as the months tick by the next month cell becomes +1 and changes colors due to the conditional formatting.

6 Likes

@CosmicTruth not ONLY are you excellent at intergalactic space travel, BUT, you are ALSO apparently VERY good at spreadsheets and forumulas. I will be keeping my eye on you.

5 Likes

Many errors may make one trial work, If i try enough i get the right answer.I have to use spreadsheets because otherwise i’m too prone to mistakes. I whipped that spreadsheet up on 9/3/2016, it has 177 mixes (mostly fail mixes :exploding_head:).

5 Likes