Novice DIYer concerned by recent thread

Yes it has been addressed…We might not know exactly how many years it will add but we do know it will allow you to store Nicotine much longer multiple years …

Remember though using glass and topping off with Argon will also secure your nicotine longer , so its not just about tossing a bottle in the freezer and your good to go…

4 Likes

I am not sure about this …I wouldn’t take this test very serious …

2 Likes

But what if light is the most damaging of the three?

Spose if the freezer doesn’t get opened much it doesn’t matter, but that hasn’t been tested at all - that’s my point.

Just temperature - that’s always been what everyone’s been obsessed with, which means the effects of light and air have just been pft-pft’ed to the side for the most part when all three should be tested independently - air, temp and light.

Without that testing, we’ll never know whether a dark cupboard was all you ever needed: if light does more ‘damage’ or degrades the nic faster than temp or air.

That same nic base might last 30 years in only a ceramic jug - if light’s the bigger threat.

2 Likes

Well i dont suggest anyone stores their Nicotine in their Freezer they use in the kitchen which typically is opened a few times a day …Light , Heat and Oxygen are all things that will oxidize and degrade your Nic…Which one is worse im not sure…

If your question or point was …We dont know which element out of the three is worse …I would have agreed we dont know which is worse

5 Likes

I disagree …I think that you believe this because using a freezer is always suggested , however most people realize air is just as bad as heat …Storing Nic in a freezer allows you to keep your nic in a cold environment absent from light and air …We use Argon to push the oxygen out …

3 Likes

What if the kitchen freezer is a person’s only option, though? Then topping amber bottles with Argon and stuffing them as far back in the freezer seems to be the only choice.

6 Likes

Don’t really matter at this point: anyone who’s stocked-up before the mail bans has already got it stored however they’ll store it - freezer, cupboard or back garden shed, they’ll pretty much store it how it is now anyway and people who haven’t stocked up have no nicotine to be worrying about anyhow :smirk:

Mo’ nic, mo’ worries :sunglasses:

I’m less concerned too maybe, because it’s not as though nicotine is gonna go illegal - though considering we will need a doctors prescription here to buy it, I should be more worried than you lot are - it’s only a mail thing for the States after all and to fix it some entrepreneur just needs to open a retail chain that sells nicotine bases and the issue is sorted.

Here, we will need to provide whatever prescription to order or buy retail no matter where we source it…

1 Like

You gotta remember DIY mixers didnt come up with these suggestions …The same practives we use are also used by the manufacturers and distributors of liquid Nicotine on a much larger and more professional scale …Every Nicotine Manufacturer and distributor keeps their Nicotine in cold storage they top the rebottled Nic off with argin then foil seal it …So at those levels these test have been done and their Science is what we base all this off…

6 Likes

Oh right you just sneak-up out fukin’ nowhere and start talking geesh.

Scare shit out of me - just appearing like that!

4 Likes

This mail ban is just the easy way to put a choke hold on Vaping … The PMTAs will strangle the fuck out of it and eventually you will see that NO supplier will sell direct to consumer unless they have a business license that allows them to purchase…The last part is an assumption but that’s where it is headed…

4 Likes

Boo! :crazy_face:

(just when you thought it was safe to have a private convo) :kissing_cat:

7 Likes

Its better than keeping it in a room …as a matter of fact that is where mine is right now but only because my freezer went tits up …My new one will be here this week …you will be fine

5 Likes

Sneaky like a cat :smirk:

2 Likes

Lmao…i didnt even see her comment until you reposted it lol

5 Likes

Well, I spose there’s a lot of people will be super happy to finally have a valid excuse to start smoking that sweet, sweet tobacco we ALL love, again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Problem with that is there isnt enough mixers to warrant retail stores everywhere …DIY is such a small niche River Supply and other companies would bever be able to keepntheir doors open if they depended on us for the bulk of their money…Our sales are miniscule …the paperwork alone is too much to warrant them selling to the public

5 Likes

LOL…I have years’ of experience lurking on here, so it’s served me well. Didn’t mean to freak you guys out, but had to interject on the “Great Freezer Debate.”

6 Likes

You didnt freak me out…I saw you typing …Years of lurking ??? So you know I’m rarely wrong bwhahahaha

6 Likes

I brought this up a few weeks ago too in an effort to calm people down if they don’t have a deep freezer or whatever.

There’s like a million little things you can do that each combine to squeeze maximum life from your stored nicotine, but it was getting to the point people were freaking and all panicky about doing one thing wrong - thinking their nic base would just up and turn to shit on them of they don’t tick every little checkbox.

In reality, not everyone can meet all those storage expectations so I decided to meet none of them at all, just shove 'em all in the cupboard and fuckit.

So far, so good :smirk:

3 Likes

No doubt Big Tobacco would love that, but there’s no fucking way I’ll ever smoke again. I purposefully never vaped tobacco flavors to help quit smoking. The smell of tobacco even makes me sick now.

4 Likes