Numb and irritated tongue

Hehe @ladycrooks 3 pounder of Starburst ?? !!! That could do it !!!

I’ve had an all day vape for years now, and it’s cream/custard heavy, and those are KNOWN for knocking out tastebuds, killing small animals, and YES, causing “Vapers Tongue”.

I’ve never had to drink anything special, eat anything special, and I’m still able to do pretty good flavor tests with no issues.

I blame one thing, and only one thing for my success…

3 Likes

I used to eat candy, but not once I found it was in it.

For multicolored Starbursts…

Ingredients in Starburst Fruit Chews

Corn syrup
Sugar
Hydrogenated palm kernel oil and/or palm oil
Fruit juice from concentrate (apple, strawberry, lemon, orange, cherry)
Citric acid
Dextrin
Gelatin
Food starch-modified
Natural and artificial flavors
Ascorbic acid (vitamin c)
Coloring (red 40, yellow 6, yellow 5, blue 1)
5 Likes

A-ha! It looks like the culprit has been found. Maybe give your tongue time to heal completely before you start chewing away on the Starbursts again.

4 Likes

Thats a lot of Starburst! You must have a really strong jaw :rofl:

5 Likes

Are you sort of sucking on those starbrust and sort of rolling them around your tongue? I know that sounds silly but I have done that with candies before and hell yes my tongue would get irritated. I’m gonna place my bets on the candies. But I have also heard you can drink orange juice or some other type of acidic juice to get rid of vapers tongue. That said, if your tongue is irritated to begin with, that might not be ideal to do either.

EDIT: andddd I didn’t read all the posts. Looks like you and others figured it out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@ladycrooks Im eating three kilos of starburst chewy strawberries a day WHY IS MY TONGUE NUMB AND IRRITATED?!?

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

it was totally the starburst

4 Likes

Don’t know what Starbursts are but any chance large consumption of these could be your problem as you appear to say you have seriously increased consumption?

3 Likes

they are a chewy and gummy(not like bubble gum) thing that has flavors in them.
i love them, but don’t eat them as i deem them bad for the teeth.

4 Likes

For me the remedy is a hot dog, with relish. Relish is the key. Like ginger with sushi, it clears my pallet for vaping.

6 Likes

I thought vapers tongue was the damage caused by taking a hit when you have forgotten to put the top cap on? Hands up anyone :raised_hand:

1 Like

They are an American brand of taffy.

haha no lol it’s when you have vaped a flavor so much your tongue essentially becomes “blind” or numb to it and you can’t taste it anymore but i think you were just pulling my leg, there…

2 Likes

Was gonna r/woosh ya but you just saved yourself :rofl:

3 Likes

They are soooo yummy!! But I have gained like 10 pounds eating them .I had no clue they’d do that to me! So I got to chill on the starburst.

2 Likes

silliness aside. it popped into my head the other day = what if its from the heat of the juice ? basically the TB’s are getting burnt. i am sure some don’t have this problem, but i know sometimes i vape an atty that i can not touch its so hot.

2 Likes