Numb and irritated tongue

ok, I’ve been vaping for a while now and this is the first time I have had a numb tongue and it is very irritated. What is this? I have been vaping alot. Starting about a month ago. But! I also eat a ton of Starburst now that I’ve discovered the 3 pound bag of strawberry Starburst. So has this happened to any of you and if so what do I do to avoid this?ive heard its from vaping the same flavour constantly. Which I am guilty of.

5 Likes

It’s called vaper’s tongue. vape menthol for a while (1-2 days). it would usually clear you up.

4 Likes

Can I not just chew gum or something? I have never even vaped menthol! And 1 or 2 days? Christ! Isn’t there anything else I can do?? Plz say yes.and I don’t have any menthol flavours to even do that.

4 Likes

mint chewing gum, maybe? I know someone drink lots of coffee for it. I forgot who it was, though. also, brush your tongue too.

4 Likes

Drink lots of water. That’s what helps me get over it. Different things work in different ways, but see what works for you.

6 Likes

All these things will help…Water is very importsnt while vaping regardless of VT. You dont have to vape Menthol , just switch what your vapomg to something completely different . If you vape a lot of Strawberry Liquids Vape Lemon instead …You will still need Water though …Menthol is nice especially if you dont ever Vape it . I use Listerine everytime I brush my teeth ever since I started using Listerine I have never gotten any kind of Vaping Fatigue

9 Likes

I used to use listerine but found it gave me mouth ulcers.

6 Likes

Wasn’t me, but drinking lot’s of coffee helps me when I am getting a touch of vapers tongue. Also more water and way less sugar and lollies/sweets.

6 Likes

Agreed…drink water and it will pass with time and switch flavors. Also I found that eating candy, brushing my teeth, eating any other sugar messes up my vape for a little while. Lol. I still brush my teeth but eat way less candy since I like vaping. Overall I will wait atleast an hour to vape after brushing my teeth.

5 Likes

Could it be an allergic reaction to PG? For me it was skin irritations and a rash for a while which disappeared when I removed the extra PG from my recipes. They are now at around 80-90% VG. At 70/30 I still had skin irritations.

3 Likes

Ive only been making 70/30 because I’ve never had a problem before with that mix.i know ive been vaping alot since I started mixing but im almost going to blame the candy ive been eating 3pounds of strawberry Starburst a week. Like even for breakfast most days. So idk what it really is.

5 Likes

its 48.00 for these damn candies.ajd im addicted. It is terrible.

3 Likes

I must admit that I haven’t had vaper’s tongue in an age but I haven’t vaped a commercial vape in a year and then only rarely before. I do go heavy on some blends but the are 70/30 PG/VG.

3 Likes

I was fine with 70/30 or even higher PG for years but then it suddenly started out of the blue. So it’s taken me a while to connect the dots.

3 Likes

Oh, how’s it affecting you?

3 Likes

Nicotine salts? I have no idea! Just getting curious. I have freebase nic that will last me for years if it doesn’t go off for some reason in the freezer.
I just thought the OP’s problem might be caused by a reaction to the PG.

1 Like

I am trolling someone who wants to show off.

I am just a fool with 4 years playing around with salts like a mad scientist. :laughing: (if referring to the other thread).

3 Likes

Like others have said already, to avoid vaper’s fatigue, drink lots of water and vary what flavors you vape.

For your current tongue problems, I can’t imagine a diet of Strawberry Starburst is doing you any favors! Ease up on them - they’re not going out of style. Put them away completely and see if your tongue issues clear up. If not, then you need to see what is the cause, possibly PG or a flavorant.

5 Likes

This is bad on so many levels, but it could certainly be playing a part. Whenever (rarely) I eat candy it dulls my taste for a while, especially ones with strong sweet flavours. Good chance the flavouring in the candy is the same type as in the vape so your tastebuds are being bombarded with similar chemicals.

5 Likes

I havent ate them in almost 24 hours and my tongue is healing. Too much sour tangy candy. Dammit! I love those things…but I admit I have a Starburst problem…needs to stop. At least not all day everyday…

5 Likes