Nutmeg... anybody?

Anybody got any ideas on a good Nutmeg flavor?

1 Like

I’ve never come across it so I guess you’d have to make your own :grinning:

2 Likes

I was going to add it to my Medicine Flower list , just so I could make the Toka Cola flavor that I used to buy from Open Source Vapor before they closed.
I bought 10 MF flavors this past week and it about done in my flavor budget for the month!:cry:
I may be wrong as is often the case but I thought that @Beaufort_Batches has a recipe with Nutmeg in it , he could probably help!

5 Likes

I have several recipes with Nutmeg, I use Holiday Spice TPA for this. Is that what you need to know @BoyHowdy?

4 Likes

@Beaufort_Batches , PV was wanting some info about Nutmeg .I was hoping you had some information about it , I had thought that I had seen a recipe of yours that used it recently.

1 Like

Copy this for him if you like, Holiday Spice TPA has a great Nutmeg flavor, nice strong and clean and start out at .25% and work up. It’s an excellent Nutmeg flavor.

5 Likes

I don’t see any negative comments about this flavor. I’m really looking for a str8 up Nutmeg flavor, but this might be as close as I can get.

When I googled Nutmeg Extraction I got a lot of “don’t do it”… It can be illegal.

I guess I’ll try it. Hopefully it will fit what I need.

Concentration: 3/3
Flavor strength: 3/3
Steeping recommended: no
Mixing range: up to 0.5%

This flavor is very much like a spice mixture that is mostly nutmeg. You could combine this with many of the vanilla-type flavors to create your own eggnog, making your drink as spicy as you like!

Nutmeg pairs well with: allspice, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, coffee, cranberries, ginger, peaches, pumpkin, vanilla

3 Likes

Oh hell, I didn’t even realize, ah geezz, this is the Nutmeg thread for @Pro_Vapes. I feel stupid, I’ll blame this one on having too much gong on having company and all. My limited head space can only track so much information.:slight_smile:

5 Likes

I really like Holiday Sice (Nutmeg) @Pro_Vapes, I have tried NF’s extract and found it hard to work with, the Mace flavor they make as well, same problem. Holiday Spice is nice and it works really well and I don’t think you will disagree once you try it. I always keep it on hand and I have several recipes I use it in. It’s funny this came up because on Friday, I mixed a test recipe that I think will be good. I will share on this thread after I try it.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I’ve replied to a lot of post and didn’t scrolled all the way to the top.

No need to feel any type of way.

I’m working on 1 more flavor order and this should be what I need.

4 Likes

When in doubt, check Nature’s Flavors. They have everything. Not vouching for them, never tried any of their flavors, but they do have one that is just nutmeg.

4 Likes

I have only 1 or 2 NF flavors in my stash. I’ll admit, I’m narrow minded when it comes to vendors, but I’ll definitely keep this in mind… Thanks @JoJo!

4 Likes

Thanks for the info! It is easy to get confused when you get a notification from me , I am always dazed and confused!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I should have linked the question in the first place , sorry.

2 Likes

Yep, me too at very low percentage.

I use TFA Egg Nog it has nice nutmeg note to it