NYS flavor ban would include possession of flavored liquids - link to rule included - electronic_cigarette

Thanks for the find. Interesting. This seeming “conflict of interest” seems not that unusual where it comes to the rich and politically powerful. They tend to (rhetorically) sell highly controlled supervision as being virtuous medical “therapy” for some reviled “malady”. Saintly medical practitioners busily “cleansing souls” while sucking-out pocketbooks. It’s not “cool” to attack (so-called) “saints” - and they know and use this fact well.

Donating money to anti-vaping efforts while simultaneously investing in a pharmaceutical grade smoking cessation “vaporizer” that is completely in its own category - Pharma - could appear suspicious. Hale won’t need PMTA approval, because it will not be a tobacco product, but will require FDA approval as a drug. Someone needs to look into this to see if this violates any SEC Security laws or something above my paygrade and knowledge of how legal transparency of investments go.

I am not highly familiar with specific elements of the FDA drug/medical-device approval process (and it may well be that “Vapun” magazine writers are in a very similar boat) - but “conflicts of interest” (moral and/or financial) are very specific standards applying to certain activities of certain organizations, and it seems unlikely that the existence of such seemingly “dual interests” would be seen and approached as having any relevance whatsoever to criteria surrounding whether the FDA finds a drug/medical-device worthy in its designated functionality on a technical level. FDA regulates drugs and devices, and not moral ideologies.

The SEC angle. This material talks about the general subject. If disclosed, it might seem that people who wish to invest in such an “investment product” might well happily buy-into the idea of such device as being a profitable “medical therapy” investment opportunity - sanctimoniously smiling and goose-stepping “all the way to the bank”. Seems easy to sell investors on “anti-tobacco/vaping” being a “feature” and not a morally fatal “bug”. Remember, the rap is that “sinners” will in the course of having their pocketbooks drained, ostensibly be “healed”. “Sin taxes/profits” cannot flow unless there remains and persists a persistent level of “sin”. :thinking:

1 Like

Peace Frog, Doors

2 Likes

Awesome 502 reference! :wink: :metal:

2 Likes

Orale esse! Don’t you know this is Caramel turf?!?

3 Likes

Damn, I thought I was in strawberry fields.

3 Likes

One block too far?

3 Likes

One step over the line, sweet Jesus

4 Likes

Being a party in a “conspiracy to inhale” could result in an indictment for the Deadly Sin of Intemperance. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I was wondering when someone would catch that!

2 Likes