“O Christmas Tree” - “O Tannenbaum”

Ok here’s the age old question, I’m sure some of you DIYer’s can help me out here. How do you preserve and make your Christmas Tree last through the holiday. I’ve heard of sugar water, aspirin, 7-up, Sprite, even Miracle Gro in the water! How bout a couple drops of CAP SS in every watering?

8 Likes

Buy or dig out a tree with roots and put it in a pot, water it from time to time.
Give it as much natural sunlight as possible, keep it away from heat sources and don’t keep it inside for months. You can plant it back outside and use it again the year after.

7 Likes

Thats a good answer! I’ve always wanted to get a potted tree for xmas, but wifey wanted a “fresh cut” tree. So let me rephrase the question, whats the best way to keep a fresh cut tree from drying out?

4 Likes

I always just make sure the box is well sealed before it goes into storage. Oh, fresh… sorry.

8 Likes

From the Good housekeeping website:

How to keep your tree! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve heard VG keeps plants moist. No idea how much you should use.

3 Likes

So basically you should turn off your fire and put on a warm coat. :grinning:

4 Likes

Seems like glycerin works for fresh cut flowers, so that may indeed work for fresh cut trees!

4 Likes

Car antifreeze?? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Make sure your cats aren’t drinking all the tree water! :joy_cat: :smile_cat:

5 Likes

Yes, but do you have to mix it in October for it to be steeped enough to use by December?

7 Likes

Yup! Beep-Beep🤪

I was thinking the same thing! :sunglasses:

If your tree water is VG base, yes. PG base cuts the steep time down to minutes!:wink:

4 Likes

Green paint with matte clear coat before it’s in the house

5 Likes