O mg vape shops

Does anyone else have a shop nearby that only sells 0mg juice and nicotine packs that you need to add yourself? How can that even be legal? Plus you would never get the right flavor profile of the juice after diluting it with nicotine without being able to add more flavor to compensate.

2 Likes

Where do you live? (Country?)

3 Likes

About a year or so ago one of our shops tried to go that route. Business dropped over 50% within a couple weeks. Didnā€™t help they got in crap nic for the shots.

3 Likes

We had a shop here that carried premix in 60ml bottles but they only had 50ml of base. Then they put a 10ml flavor shot in of whatever flavor you wanted.

5 Likes

It is common practice in the EU/TPD countries. Bottles of e-liquid are designed to work with boosters, they donā€™t expect you to just dilute the juice they sell.
If I buy such a bottle, I donā€™t only add nic (still have 72mg/ml nic from before TPD was in effect), but also VG and PG to come up to the desired end result. That doesnā€™t happen very often though because DIY juice is so much better than the store bought stuff.

4 Likes

What @anon28032772 said.
Iā€™m betting the OP lives in the EU, and hasnā€™t bought any juice since before TPD.

By the way, did anybody else misread the title as ā€œO my vape shopsā€ ? I was expecting something a tad more poetic after that :laughing:

6 Likes

oh! ought to add a warning here: your turn will come, America, if you donā€™t succeed in educating your legislators.

Futher delights to look forward to : 2ml maximum tank size (or rather 1ml, if you like to leave 1ml airspace at the top)
20mg maximum nic
10ml maximum bottle size (unless itā€™s a 0 mg juice )
no more Juuls (cos they contain way over 20mg)
adult-proof juice bottles, so you have a fun puzzle to solve every time you re-fill your tiny tank

Yep, weā€™ve got it all over here . And yet weā€™re still vaping. Go figureā€¦

I guess vaping is a tough nut to crack, but you canā€™t say theyā€™re not trying their level best (short of banning it)

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty certain thatā€™s an oxymoron.

The majority come with price tags attached though! Sadly theyā€™re on the inside of the pants, to the point that the general public doesnā€™t know the true cost. You only get the bill once you get in bed with them, or someone recounts the experience to you.

6 Likes

New Jersey, USA. None of the other shops are doing it just the one.

3 Likes

In fact, itā€™s really not a bad idea if you think about it.
Lots of shops have their liquids on display in (in)direct sunlight. Nicotine containing liquids would go bad pretty fast. Having 0mg nic juices on display should have a much longer shelf life. The only thing that I find annoying is that, here in the EU at least, most liquids are produced to come up to a 3mg/ml liquid.
50ml of 0-nic juice in a 60ml bottle, add a 10ml of 18mg booster and you have exactly a 3mg/ml result.
There are people that vape 6mg or higher and we are stuck to a legal maximum of 20mg/ml nicotine.

In the US however, you can still easily get 100mg/ml so itā€™s still relatively easy to make it much stronger.

4 Likes

Interesting.
/joking
Are they owned by someone from the EU or UK? :laughing:
/joke

Seriously thoughā€¦
Iā€™m betting someone (who owns the place) is thinking itā€™s a ā€œsafeā€ way of ā€œhedging their betā€ so to speak.

Though honestly, itā€™s rather silly IMO, simply because, the morons that are running the circus have already deemed hardware as ā€œcontaining nicotineā€. :roll_eyes:
You really canā€™t hedge a bet against crazy, unless you bet on them BEING crazy. :crazy_face:

On another note, I think itā€™s only going to confuse their customers who are new to vaping (and are trying to quit smoking).

I mean, itā€™s bad enough that shops have already been told they canā€™t explain how to wrap coils, etcā€¦ What are they going to do about explaining how the ā€˜new to vapingā€™ customer is supposed to mix/make use of the 0mg bottles of flavoring and (the assumed sales of) bottles of nicotine?

My concern is, if you canā€™t get even get correct change (without the assistance of the cash register) from a notable number of folks at gas stations and drive-through restaurants (basic math)ā€¦ How do they expect people to get the correct ratio for the final product once they get home without explaining it to them? At which, point, if they are explaining, they have still put themselves at risk (theoretically) of violating the ā€œno assisting clauseā€? :thinking:

Yeah, itā€™s odd. And while everything Iā€™ve said above is assumption and conjectureā€¦ I think itā€™s a poorly thought out approach (for our country, as things are currently) and screams ā€œIā€™m afraid of the FDAā€ to customers and the authorities alike. And IMO, that makes them an even more ripe target for intimidation than they already are.

Strange times illicit strange reactionsā€¦ /shrugs

4 Likes

Im in Aus and we canā€™t even buy nicotine legally in country but are legally allowed to import 3 months supply. Plus a few states have tightened up laws and banned selling between states and that sort of thing. Luckily we have no ml or size restriction and we sell ā€˜doublersā€™ which have extra flavour to compensate for adding nic.

3 Likes