O-ring supply for old atomizers

So I’ve got lots of old rba, after a year or 2 the orings swell and don’t fit well, after the spare is used, what do yall do?

I started by ordering point 8, 1mm,1.2 and 1.5 thick in sizes that seemed right, seems like most were nitrile but just FastTech stuff, they’re not really not really doing it, they work but not smooth. So I ordered this a week ago, OSK™ Industrial Metric O-Ring Kit 36 Sizes 500pc 1mm CS [K500X36MM-1.0MM] : The O-Ring Store LLC, We make getting O-Rings easy! but still I’m not getting a perfect function like I’d expected, but this is whole and half mm, 1mm cross section, which seems like it should cover it all, and ideal for rba sizes, is it possible manufacturers are using imperial sizing? Any of them, but especially China, no way, right?

So those are that n dura buytl 70 rubber, I also have some silicone in red and white but not so many sizes, and a couple sizes in dura 50, is there something obvious I’m missing, maybe nitrile? **edit, it says at oring store this set is nitrile **

Or could this be problem somewhere else I’ve missed? It’s hard to measure orings but I’ve got good calipers, I lube them up, it’s beyond me

4 Likes

I know what you mean.

Perhaps you could contact the manufacturers of the particular products and directly ask them what size they were/are.
They possibly won’t answer but worth a go.

5 Likes

Check the MFG’S web site. Some will sell the O ring kit for around $6.00 in their odds and end section.
Most RDA and RTA’s are made it two factory’s in China. If you have the Outside diameter of the base you might find the o ring that fits yours thru another MFG.
You can also walk in to a hardware store and go the service counter at the back of the store. Show them the old o ring and see if they can match it.

8 Likes

Go by Harbor Freight and pick up a digital caliper.

I did that then ordered the correct size from Amazon.

5 Likes

He’s already stated that he has a good pair of calipers. If you found what you needed through amazon, that’s pretty good, congrats.

3 Likes

You are correct. Sorry, I missed that.

4 Likes

Yeah, I am looking for some for the original Vandy Vape Berserker RTA… Not easy to find.

5 Likes

When I get a chance I’ll take a look. I might have a set you can have. I know you’re in AU but mailing an envelope is not a big deal.

I’ve got Kayfun clones with crappy o-rings but I lube them with VG everytime I rewick and they’ve lasted way longer than they normally should.

7 Likes

Thanks @muth that would be brilliant if you did. I would pay for the postage if you do have some spares. :smile:

5 Likes

Thx for the offer but don’t worry about it. It won’t be like a 5lb box or anything :rofl:

4 Likes

These are the times I miss Fasttech. There was always someone in the forums who knew exactly what you needed and where/how to order it. “sigh”

7 Likes

True, but for some reason my last 3 orders from FastTech before they shut down were intercepted by customs in China and not allowed out of the country. Probably something to do with Australia not being popular in China politically speaking… :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Did you get your money back?

3 Likes

Mcmaster Carr Supply has o-rings in virtually any size and material. They also carry small screws / grub screws. Not sure if they have a minimum order amount.

7 Likes

Yes I did after a few arguments as they wanted to just give me gift cards even though I couldn’t get anything through their customs so would have been pointless…

7 Likes

That sounds familiar. I think my friend got some hard to find grub screws from them.

4 Likes

@lanc13 Here’s what I found. A friend piffed me 3 Berserkers. 1 authentic V1.5 and 2 V1 clones. You need orings for the original (V1) version, right? One package has 5 o-rings and the other has 4. I should take a photo of both the bags so you can see them. He sent things with some parts missing so it’s a mish mash. Do you need the silicone gaskets, too?

4 Likes

I am not sure if the V1.5 and V2 are the same orings @muth . I am currently having an email conversation with Vandy Vape trying to get information.

5 Likes

I don’t have the V2 I have two of the V1. But let me know what they say.

5 Likes