Obelisk 120FC w/ Z0.4 Coils

I use the Obelisk 120FC with the Geek Vape Z0.4 Mesh Coils 50-60W, but what I am noticing is that when I vape around the mid 40’s wattage range is that the taste is a lot better and more precise to the taste of the flavours that I have mixed.
I definitely get a better result in this wattage range then when I vape between the 50-60 range in which these coils are designed for.
It’s not an issue at all, but I am just curious as to find out why this is happening and look forward to hearing from you guy’s with some answers.

5 Likes

I’ve always found that wattage ranges on cartridges to be very generic guidelines.
The best I’ve been able to make out of them was kind of a “this is the theoretical max” that we (the manufacturer) expect the tank/cartridge to be able to keep up with (in relation to wicking, airflow, etc).

I get ya, but I would say just continue to do what you’re doing, as you’ve found your happy place with it! :wink:

Think of it as kind of a general classification rating…
MTL folks would generally pass because they know they don’t really need anything above 15-20w.
High power DL folks would generally pass because they usually want something that does 65-85w at a minimum.

7 Likes

I hate the same experience with the Geekvape Mesh Coils when I still vaped premade coils. Rated much higher than I liked to vape them.

I absolutely second that.

Vape them as you like. If the coil gets oversaturated you will have some gurgling or even leaking, then you are vaping too low of a wattage.

6 Likes