Ohmega Alpha BFT?

Quick picture of how beautiful and beastly this thing is…next to the vaporshark and griffin:

1 Like

Good looking coil brother! I bet that will work great!

The rayon worked out well as I simply cut a one inch piece and divided it in half and trimmed the ends.They couldn’t have worked out any better for the 4.0 diameter, five and a half wrap coil.I wanted to use six and a half wraps but I didn’t feel like trying it again after I failed miserably the first time.I do think it is doable if you take your time and build them nice and tight.

I thank you and agree it is much easier figuring our vape gear out when we have more people posting what they have tried.Everyone is different but it gives us some great ideas to build from.

1 Like

Ok…I put the big ol 20g 316l 8.5 wrap 3.5 ID coils in there…wicked it with some rayon and vaped a coupla tanks through it…0.11 ohms at 118w…ya know, I’ve been vaping spaced coils for so long, I just don’t much like pinched coils anymore.
Now at this point, I have 2 BFT’s, and I have the SS Clapton wire AND the SS fused Clapton wire, but I wanna go with my comfort coil: 22g 316l, 7.5 wraps, SPACED, this time on a 4mm ID. I used the rayon again, but really kept the tails kinda loose and frayed. 0.15 ohms and 127w this time. Much much better vape!
Thick, rich, warm vapor that’s really fulfilling…very nice indeed!
I will probably build the second one with the SS fused Clapton wire I have.
AND: I have decided, that I simply MUST make some wire in efforts to better this already awesome vape. I am going to make some 22g SS 316l wrapped in 32g 316l…I think that will provide what I seek! For now, at least, lol…
Also: the 22mm version is holding up pretty well. I originally tried some 24g 317l in it, which is super clean, but I ended up taking it out and putting in my trusted 22g 316l.
Always on the hunt for better, lol.
Much love, guys, much love.
(And gals, like big brother @JoJo, the ever constant eyes in the sky, lol)

3 Likes

Thank you for that share! I have found if you say it works better then it is so.I am still using the fused 316 SS claptons in the BFT.I did change the settings back to straight wattage mode.T/C wasn’t consistent enough for me.No dragons breath dry hits but the warmth would be lacking at times.

I also have been playing with the 25mm version of the VCMT , I did try 24ga 316 pinched coils and I wasn’t impressed at all with the flavor.I have changed it out to the .22ga Ti deep water build.Five and a half wraps on a 3.0 diameter , great flavor as usual.I will follow your lead and try spaced SS next build though as I need to learn the strengths and weaknesses of SS.
I am very happy with both the BFT and the VCMT , IMO the BFT is a great value and a very good tank.The VCMT is a quality tank as well but it’s double the price over the Ohmega Alpha.

1 Like

i love the SS…i love the fact that it can be dry fired and cleaned. it can be dry fired, wet down, scrubbed and its still good to go! i even have 2 Fuchais that i use exclusively in wattage mode for the SS builds because it fires all the way down to 0.05 ohms in wattage mode. SS is so very clean tasting, so very nice to work with and so very easy to clean.
i have and have tried: 316, 316l, 317l and 430. heres a quick rundown:
316 kinda stiff, so i dont use this for spaced coils too often, because its hard to pull apart. not the easiest to work with, but not the hardest. very clean metal, no taste to it. available in 22g. bought mine from Fasttech
316l less stiff, easy to work with, maybe even easiest to work with. maybe thats why i use it the most. easy to pull apart for spaced coils. super clean taste. available in 22g. bought mine from Unkamen
317l can only find this down to 24g. the most pliable SS that i use (see 304). the cleanest wire (317l and 430 both are the cleanest). maybe the cleanest tasting as well. very shiny. very easy to work with. this would probably be my go to wire if i could just find it in 22g. i LOVE 317l. bought mine from Unkamen
430 completely nickel free. the stiffest of em all. kinda difficult to work with. hard to pull apart for spaced coils. but once built, these coils arent moving one bit! super stiff, super clean. also very shiny. i love this wire, just kinda stiff. cleanest wire along with 317l. bought mine from Unkamen
SS that i own but havent used:
304 i have it in 22 and 24 g. this wire is very pliable. 304 and 317l are the most pliable, the 24g at least. it is also the dirtiest. all of the wires above, 316, 316l, 317l and 430, have absolutely no residue/discoloration when wiped with a cotton pad and 90% isopropyl alcohol. 304, however, has a nasty, dirty, discolored residue that comes off with the pad and IPA.i pulled a length off of the spool once to make a coil and when i wiped it down and all that residue came off, i just couldnt get myself to build with it…i mean, i have all this clean, shiny wire to build with, why would i use ol dirty britches?
so there you have it…i LOVE SS

1 Like

:’( I’m so jealous… My hunt continues to find a black version in stock(or even the ss one)… Maybe someday…

Did you not check back with vapethisecigs.com? Or vaporworld.biz?
Both places said they would have it back in stock this week.

Well, I pulled out the old swivel, pulled out some 32g 316l, grabbed a length of 22g 316l, grabbed tools and a drill and I went ahead and made some SS Clapton wire…22/32 all 316l.
It came back to me all at once and was able to make a piece about 18" long and only took about 6 minutes…went ahead and coiled em up on a 4mm ID, 7.5 wraps. …got 3 coils out of it. I’ll put em on the extra BFT tomorrow. Take a look:

1 Like

Yes I check both pretty much daily, also called and talked to both… Vapethis has no idea when they’ll get more and pulled it off their site. Vapor World said a couple of weeks… Sigh

1 Like

I have been using the BFT daily ever since it’s arrival.I can’t say that I love everything about it but I can say that I will buy another one when they get more in stock.
The flavor is great but it takes lots of energy to get those massive coils going.I am in my comfort zone with most tanks around 55-65 watts.This one takes about 80-90 to get a nice warm vape.When I say nice , I do mean nice.It has great flavor with those big fused claptons !I am not a cloud chaser so the huge vapor trail is a little bit of a con to me.If you like clouds and want a tank just buy it because it is almost ridiculous!
The major con is the time spent trying to get the wicking right , Dry hits aren’t the problem but filling without leaking can be if not done right.Everyone is different but stuff as much as you can in the 4mm coils and I am leaving 1/2" or 12mm of rayon on each side of the coil.It has to fill the juice wells completely or it will leak four or five drops after filling. @Whiterose0818 ,you was right in recommending the video.I still had to watch it a couple of times before it sunk in. I still have to wipe the base after filling but it isn’t bad and I think it may be eliminated after I get the technique down.
It is nice being able to vape this much without stopping to refill. Now I wish they would make other 30mm tanks like the Aromamizer and the Crius.
I was also pleasantly surprised to see how well the BFT works on my PWM box mod.

1 Like

thats a series mod, right? like the noisy cricket, right? do you dial in the voltage? or is it automatically maxed out? remember i mentioned a guy posting a video of his BFT on top of a NC?
i own 2 NC’s and still havent used either…waiting for the moment.

1 Like

Yes , it is a series mod like a noisy cricket.I had an issue with the NC recently.I noticed my firing button only seemed to work if I kind of pressed it on the side.I removed the fire button and noticed a black residue on top of my battery.It had been arcing out ,by not getting a good connection.
I kind of got a little afraid to use the cricket.That led me to a search for a series mod with some type of safety.I stumbled across 5150 Mods , he sells on facebook as well as eBay.

With this PWM ,you can adjust the power by the dial on the side so you can dial it in to your preference.This feature is what makes it so versatile.You can safely run any atty on this mod as long as you stay above the .250 ohms just like a cricket.You still have to ensure your batteries can handle the amps like with all mods.I can run a subtank mini tank with stock coils ,just adjust the dial to about 30.You can see on the pic the dial is set at 80 when using the BFT.The dial allows you to find what works for you and you can compensate for battery power by turning the dial up as your battery level drops.It has a gauge on the side that serves two purposes .It will show the total volts of your battery or with a small switch inside the box it will show the output to the 510.

I did clean the Noisy Cricket and have started using it again as well.I still don’t know why the switch tried to arc out .At least now I have another option that I can use.The mod itself looks to be of very good quality and I have no complaints.I purchased mine they were listed at $100.00 , now I see it has gone up $20.00 but he has added the make offer feature if you are interested.

so do you think the BFT can be run on the NC? would you recommend one of those heatsinks? with the center pin unscrewed all the way? i have no experience in this part of vaping, but i so wanna get this under my belt! i havent convinced myself to spend that kind of money on a PWM. i do own a cherry bomber that has a swith for parallel or series…what about that? in series? to get the experience? any thoughts?

I don’t really know anything about the heatsinks or the cherry bomber mods , I haven’t owned either.I wouldn’t run it on a noisy cricket though, not because I know it is unsafe but because I am afraid that it could be.Honestly I think the BFT could be safely ran on the cricket , it seems to have a good solid copper pin that protrudes enough to make a good solid contact.I assume they are all made as the one I have.
I just hate to be responsible for getting a good man hurt because of something I posted.

1 Like

gotcha brother…these types of hesitation is what has kept me from recklessly just slapping something on a cricket!

I need to tear the BFT down to the base.I will find out if it is safe to run on the NC next time I build it.

1 Like

I did find the video you mentioned about the heat sink at least.Interesting and I do understand how having an adjustable 510 would make it safe and I would guess the heat sink will help a bunch.I wish he would have talked more about the build.I think that will be the hard part to figure out what build to get the vape you want.That is why I switched to VV/VW mods to begin with ,greatest invention since sliced bread IMO.I can have the same great vape all day every day.
I read the comments below the video , one guy posted about the BFT’s 510 pin protruding well enough below the tank to work.His reply is yes but it is too wide to work ? WTF ? I am looking and I see no reason why it won’t work and nothing that is too wide.
I always thought that it was a pretty easy concept to understand , hybrid simply means you have to ensure that you atty’s 510 protruded enough that only it can touch the battery.You also need to make sure that the insulator between your 510 pin and the base of your atty was in good shape.
I was taught that it was that simple and that is what I have always used with no problems? I don’t know if I have just been lucky or if this guy knows to use the heat sink because that is what he was told.
Sounds like a job for MythBusters!

1 Like

well, i have 2 heat sinks, if thats whats needed. and i have a ton of tanks and RDA’s. what gauge do you recommend to keep the ohms up there? what kinds of builds do you use on the NC or the PWM?

I have used from .500 claptons up to 1.2 nichrome 80 on the NC.It depends on what I am wanting at the time.I try and stay around .800 , nice and warm but not too rowdy.Most prefer the .400-.600 range.
The PWM I just make sure that I stay above .260 .
If building the BFT ,I would try for a .625 at first.I think it could wick it just fine but I am not sure how fast the tank would heat up.

what gauge do you use?
EDIT: i just realized…is that the gauge, the .500 and the 1.2?
what country do you hail from?