Oil soluble flavor?

Can you vape oil soluble? I got some flavors in and they say oil soluable on them.

3 Likes

@Cooter1, in a word NO.

ONLY vape WATER soluable flavors.

8 Likes

What flavors do you have, and where did you get them from ? Can you take a pic, or provide links …

3 Likes

I vaped a bottle of this 100 oz. I hope I haven’t screwed myself up.

3 Likes

I would hold OFF on vaping any more of that, until we can check what’s what. I looks cloudy in the bottle ?

3 Likes

Not sure why it looks like that, it’s clear. Nicriver had a sale and I bought a lot.

This was one Ingres about half the bottle I made.

3 Likes

Oil-soluble flavors can also be used in edible things, and that will enhance the taste. This won’t leave any weird taste on the product. Oil doesn’t have any flavor of its own. The solution is soluble too, so it won’t leave any odd taste and make the candy or other tastier things.

3 Likes

Last time I checked @Cooter1 Oil Soluable, was for EDIBLES ONLY. NOT for vaping…

8 Likes
8 Likes

NO…oil is not our friend when it comes to mixing

11 Likes

I think oil-based flavorings are one of the causes of lipid pneumonia. "Pneumonia is a serious lung disease. The cause of most cases of pneumonia is a bacterial, viral, or fungal infection, which causes swelling in the air sacs of the lungs.

However, the cause of lipod pneumonia is fat, which enters the lungs, causing symptoms similar to those of other forms of pneumonia."
-Medical News Today

Edited to add:
I’m really surprised Nicotine/River Supply even sells that shit. They ought to know better!

8 Likes

Reading the River website listed above says that these are used for e liquids:

How to choose the perfect e-liquid?

Posted on July 15, 2020

You may have a fantastic e-cigarette, but it’s no use unless you have the right e-liquid. It’s like a soul of your e-cigarette; when you run out of it, all you have is a useless tech device. Now that you have access to countless of vaping liquids, how do you choose the right one? River oil soluble flavors are indeed the best; you can, however, use the tips below.

There are some things you need to know about the OS Flavors.

river-guava-120ml_large1- They mix with oil

The oil-soluble flavors are compatible with mixing with the oil. The molecules in these products are different from water-soluble counterparts. They do mix well with cooking oil and do not form patches in the food product after it is ready.

2- They don’t mix with water

The oil-soluble flavors solely intend to mixing with the oil. They will not work at all with water. They are not the universal flavoring solution for your kitchen. However, we recommend you to mix the product well in oil while cooking in water.

I can only conclude that the “e Cigarette” they refer to is a CBD product and these are made to flavor them.While they will dissolve in oil (must be) they may not contain oil. Nonetheless, they have to be dissolved in oil.

The concentrates we use contain water. VG is c a type of alcohol but it contains water. No way would I mix with or vape these.

6 Likes

You have to remember…
They also sell flavors specifically intended for use with MCT oil and making tinctures (eg: sublingual use).

They were kind enough to send me some (oil based) when I was testing their CBD liquid.

7 Likes

I have not ordered flavors them in recent years due to the many shipping bungles I experienced… so no, I don’t remember. But after looking through their Flavor Revolution section for any warnings to vapers (and to to satisfy my own curiosity) I saw nothing related to oil-soluble products.

Apparently the OP had a different experience so I have to wonder if a vendor, known for DIY flavorings, should have or didn’t have some sort of announcement to differentiate between the products. Hope that makes sense.

6 Likes

I get pneumonia really easily, usually every couple of years. I don’t need anything to help that. Thank you to everyone for your quick responses.

8 Likes

Nicriver apparently is going out of business for individuals. They had a bunch of stuff on sale, I never even thought they would have sent that out without a notice about not vaping.

I am an idiot for not reading the bottle though. Watermelon sure smelled good.

What is the best watermelon to vape?

5 Likes

My personal favorite is Yellow Watermelon (SC) from Wonder Flavours at 2%.

6 Likes

Molinberry Big Watermelon, LA Colorless Watermelon.

4 Likes

There are different types of liquid for vaping and many of them are water-based, which can just dissolve, but oil liquids due to their chemical structure will not be able to dissolve in any way. For example, menthol vape juices are made on a water basis for easier evaporation and taste, honestly , they are intended for novice vapers. Liquids with a complex taste are already made on an oil basis, which includes many flavors and they are more saturated. Personally, I prefer light water-based liquids, as I consider them safer than those on an oily basis. I hope you find your vape juice and you’ll be happy.

5 Likes

@bertiebowin Welcome to the boards! Glad to see you post. :slight_smile:

5 Likes