Ok... Who has my rubber nipples?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Aight, seriously now… I’m trying to find the little PVC covers for my drip-tip when my tank and I are on the go. I don’t want any fuzzballs or random junk falling down the chimney of my tank…

Not really sure what to call these things but figured someone in my ELR family has probably already thought of this long before I did (I swear I saw them before in someone’s mod pics on the forum but can’t remember who it was or what thread it was in.

I’ve seen them as battery terminal protectors and as end covers for small rods, pipes or anything with a sharp end. I’m having trouble trying to locate a source cause I’m not sure what to search for. Found some on alibaba but I don’t think I require a bag of 10,000… Any help would be greatly appreciated :smiley:

They look like this…

3 Likes

They are vacuum line caps. Probably just pick some up at a local auto parts store for cheap.

5 Likes

$6.99 - http://www.autozone.com/fittings-and-hose-line-connectors/vacuum-connector-and-tubing/spectre-performance-vacuum-cap-assortment-includes-4-pcs-each-1-8-3-16-1-4-5-16-and-3-8-in-/228285_0_0/?checkfit=true

$2.49 - http://www.autozone.com/fittings-and-hose-line-connectors/vacuum-connector-and-tubing/dorman-autograde-20-pcs-vinyl-vacuum-cap-assortment-includes-4-pcs-each-size-and-color-1-8-in-yellow-3-16-in-blue-1-4-in-red-5-16-in-white-and-3-8-in-black/143716_0_0/?checkfit=true

5 Likes

It amazes me that there is an answer to every question asked at ELR. We may spar at times, but it’s quickly forgotten and we move on. We are always quick to help in any circumstance. WTG @Bearkat!

10 Likes

What about the little silicon caps that came on the crown coils?

4 Likes

Hell Yea! Thank you @Bearkat! I knew someone would know what these things were!
:smiley: :+1:

Dunno why my time in the HVAC trade didn’t come to mind but I remember now… The shop was littered with these little things cause they capped all the copper tubing. I’ve been playing with PLC’s too long, thanks for joggin’ my memory man.

Looks like I’ll be makin’ a trip to the local auto store…

Ya just gotta love the folks here at ELR doncha’?

Thanks again @Bearkat

6 Likes

Glad I could help!

5 Likes

The cap off the crown coils fit perfect on my Smok drip tip.

5 Likes

Those work great.

2 Likes