Okay Got My Scale In... Now What?

P.S. For thick VG [bought in bulk] I use a plastic squeeze bottle made in LDPE.
All are not equally suitable for this task [VG]. Some are nice, with a twist cap, and
work well with PG, but the opening is limited to what it is.
I prefer the Vestil brand with the snap on/off red tip cap, found easily on Amazon.
If you need a faster flow, you can use your pocket knife to trim the tip back for
a larger, faster flow. In 6oz or 8oz size they are easy to handle and easily refillable.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t even started mixing yet! [my first big order is on itā€™s way, been watching the tracking order all day :smiley: ] - But I already know how to use a scales [That I have yet to order] after watching both the video posted above and the one from New Amsterdam vape

5 Likes

I second that opinion

I have the AWS Blade scale that I love using and also purchased off of Amazon my scale only reads to the tenths and has 2 AAA batteries and I do not have a option to plug it in unfortunately. But nun the less I still love it maybe one day I will purchase a scale the reads to the hundredths.

1 Like

Cool, nice reminder of when I began to mix. Just a few days after my comment above. And I did get a scales, use it all the time. So handy

time to weigh in. lmao.

Actually time to start a more precise mixing method.

I want to make just concord grape with stevia. any ideas? I got my scale today. Now I have to figure out how to use it. listed singularly its in %'s not weights. Ugh.

3 Likes

maybe this will help on how to use the scale. You want the % https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFJ_YFe-8bw

3 Likes

@Caped_Conspirathist explainā€¦

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer If you go under the flavor itself, it tells you how what the minimum usage / median usage / max usage has been for the single flavor. Thatā€™s in %'s. The only way I know how to figure out grams from %'s is to preform a spreadsheet and calculate the ml of juice Iā€™m going to make by the specific weight of the flavor.

its under %tages in recipes

That way I have the weight for each 1/4 % converted into grams.

1 Like

Have you used the recipe side to create/add any recipes yet? ml, grams, %ā€¦

2 Likes

@anon70102222 Iā€™ve looked at. I canā€™t find a specific recipe for the single flavor I want to use. I only want 1 flavor. I saw the preferred single flavor mix % but Iā€™d have to work up to that level. That would have to be based on %'s not g or mg. It makes no sense to use a scale if Iā€™m doing %'s.

1 Like

let the calc do all this work for u unless u dont trust the spec. gravities in the database. Switch your drops to mg in the user setting in case u did while not having a scale and rock. Gl to u!

2 Likes

Sorry, but thatā€™s my thoughts on your reply. I donā€™t understand what you are trying to say.

2 Likes

I can do a spreadsheet that will take the specific weight of a flavor for the bottle size (- the pg/vg) and work up a % chart that way but thatā€™s not going to be fun.

1 Like

you are making it more difficult then it needs to be

2 Likes

If itā€™s been provided by the manufacturer, itā€™s usually listed. As in the second screenshot above.

Thatā€™s called tare, as I assume you know.

1 Like

I donā€™t mean to. I just donā€™t quite comprehend the situation I suppose.

2 Likes

I trust it. I guess I have to figure out how to switch the preferred single flavor mix% to g? it offers weight in grams per ml. is that where you use put the grams of liquid you use? or do you add your % and it configures where it says weight in grams per ml?

this wouldnā€™t be the final figure. Itā€™s working the flavor up so you can begin to taste it and move forward until you can taste the full flavor (in case I mess it up).

1 Like

sry, i meant doug was making it more difficult. You plug in your % and the calc. calculates the mgā€¦

3 Likes