Okay I messed up... how bad?

I went to make a recipe called Moon Sugar (I’m unsure the originator) it was listed as this:

8% Graham Cracker
4% Sugar Cookie
3% Caramel
1%-2% EM

But thought I would try using the Graham Cracker (SC) (Real Flavors) and Sugar Cookie (SC) (Real Flavors)… for the first time in a recipe… I messed up with what I had originally wanted to put in for the Graham Cracker, and instead of 0.5% percent, caught myself when I hit 2.75%.
My final mix I made up is looking like:

Moon Sugar v1
3.00% Caramel (FA)
2.75% Graham Cracker (SC) (RF)
1.00% Ethyl Maltol (PG)
1.00% Sugar Cookie (SC) (RF)

Any comments? Too much Graham Cracker? Not enough Sugar Cookie… ? I haven’t played with the SC very much so still wondering about them.

1 Like
2 Likes

How bad will becomes clear after 2-4 weeks when you taste it, who knows you might like it.

2 Likes

Would the whole recipe be good without any graham? The reason I ask is, how ever much you’ve made of the V1, you could make twice as much of the same recipe without any graham then mix the two in different ratios in 5 mil testers. Keep notes and calculate which version is best. Since the recipe is the same, only varying the graham, you’d only have to do the math on the graham. 1 part V1 +3 parts graham free would be .68% which is kind of close to what you were aiming for.

4 Likes

In my limited experience with the SC from real flavors they to me seep three times more powerful than say TPA. I would view your current recipe as

3.00% Caramel (FA)
8.25% Graham Cracker (SC) (RF)
1.00% Ethyl Maltol (PG)
1.00% Sugar Cookie (SC) (RF)

You can adjust accordingly, now bear in mind I have used 4 of the SC’s I like them I just am lazy and don’t want to try and convert existing recipes over to them. I might in the future if things go better get more and make new stuff

1 Like

Thanks for the replies ya’ll, my real worry was like if @Mizzz_Z_Hobbit was alluding to if I should just go ahead and revert the recipe to a larger batch, but thought I would wait… if, it may turn out alright as it is/was. I also had gone to the flavor side of things that @Pro_Vapes had pointed out and had seen that the notes and averages listed a 1.5 max for the flavoring and I almost did double that when I mixed. shrugs not really worried about it… but thought I’d ask for some input from those that had played with the Graham Cracker in the past… again thx

2 Likes

You wouldn’t have to alter the V1, just make the V2 without the graham to mix if you needed to so it all steeps at the same rate. I made a vanilla black licorice that was good but too strong on the anise so I made one without the anise, left them both to steep and ended up mixing them half and half in the tank. I should have kept notes but I kind of remember what I did. It wasn’t fantastic anyway, lol.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of Graham Cracker and Caramel, I think that would need a month steep.

However… I have made these types of mistakes before. My first inclination is to cut it in half with VG and see if it can be vaped :slight_smile: But that’s just me. VG is cheap. Flavorings - not so much.

1 Like