On a summer mod hunting

I use the 0.15ohm coils in mine (and I’m still using it). The flavour is really good, probably the best out of all the pods I’ve tried since writing my original suggestion, and they last a really long time. Also I’ve never had a leak, or any condensation build-up.

I don’t have an Origin Mini as I don’t like built-in batteries, but I do have a couple of Origin Xs in my bag and I love those too. I use the 0.2ohm coil in those. Great flavour again, but they do need keeping an eye on as they will leak slightly if left for too long or if the coil’s on its way out.

5 Likes

I truly appreciate your quick response, I don’t know how you were able to respond so quickly on such an old post, but I appreciate the input. I’ve been researching Oxva products lately. I just bought a Caliburn X (haven’t received it yet, still awaiting shipment), but I heard the Oxva Xlim V2 Pod kit is even more flavorful and blows the Caliburn X out of the water. That is the only reason why I have all these Oxva products in my cart, but the 2ml pods turns me off a little bit, hence why I was looking at the Velocity or the Origin Mini kit. I don’t care for the internal batteries either, the port plugs always wears out too quickly. Thank you very much for your suggestions.

4 Likes

I’ve heard the same about the Xlim 2 kit, and if I were in the market for a MTL pod, that’s what I would buy for sure. The Origin X will do MTL as well as DL but the Velocity is DL only unless you buy the optional RBA (and you’d need to change the drip tip too).

5 Likes

Now I am thinking about getting an Oxva Velocity from Sourcemore. I am paralyzed on one side, so that rules out RBA’s for me. Sourcemore doesn’t have any Origin X’s in stock and the Origin 2’s didn’t have very good reviews. The idea of a 2ml mod doesn’t appeal to me, but I will consider it if the flavor on the Xlim V2 Pod is better than the Velocity. The reviews on the Origin Mini Kit were very good, but the idea of the internal battery also doesn’t appeal to me. I am hoping someone who has both the Velocity and the Xlim V2 will chime in? Element Vape is overpriced, but I am looking at the Origin X on MyVPRO.

4 Likes

I just bought 2 Origin X’s from MyVPRO and will get the Velocity from Sourcemore as well. Thank you for your input/suggestions/advice!

4 Likes

My pleasure, hope you enjoy them all :smiling_face:

4 Likes

I have another question. Have you ever owned a Drag X or Drag S? I have them both that I bought a few years ago that are still sitting unopened. What coils do you like for those if you have any experience with these particular models. I wanted to add those coils to my cart at Sourcemore since I plan on purchasing the Velocity’s tonight.

2 Likes

I did have a Drag X, which I changed for a Drag X Pro just because of the increased battery life, and I use the PNP pod on it rather than the TPP pod it comes with. I now use the Wotofo SMRT PNP rebuildable coil, but prior to that I preferred the VM5 PNP coils. The flavour is pretty good and they’re happy at my preferred wattage range of up to 55w.

3 Likes

I’ve got VM5 in my cart, thank you! I just want to be done shopping, LOL!

2 Likes

I’m lockstep with the OP on this quest. I wish there was something similar to the old iJoy Capo 100W available.

3 Likes

I have this Drag Q. Sealed up tight if anyone is interested

2 Likes

From day 1 of vaping I have always had a Capo in my rotation. They are getting much harder to source as time passes, the latest was from Christmas '21, from Greece (I am in Scotland). Robust, pretty, great for all day MTL a real workhorse of a mod and robust enough to take on the job…what more could a vaper ask. I will be sad when this mod is no longer available.

3 Likes