One on One Tasting Notes

Yes you’re right mate and when I asked him about it he blamed someone else lol. I think it may have been Rin. Nowhere sells it in the U.K. so I won’t be using it and will stick with the FA version instead as that has also been reported to be the best whipped cream.

4 Likes

Raisin Bread - One on One
Vendor Description: Buttery, Sweet, Cinnamon Flavor
Recommend Usage: none listed

Solo tested at 3%: taste like raisin bread! and pretty damn good IMO,
raisin is the top note at this percentage, lower end buttery bread, sweetness mid level, not picking out any cinnamon,
the raisin could pass for a fig or date at this percentage if needed I guess, definitely need the add to the “bread” part.
Another one I need to retest at 5%….

Side note, after recently testing the Red Dates (VTA), at 1% or less the Red Dates is the same raisin in the Raisin Bread OOO….

10 Likes

Spumoni Ice Cream - One on One
Vendor Description: A creamy mixed fruit ice cream flavor with subtle nutty backnotes
Recommend Usage: 1 to 5 %

Solo tested at 3%: the main fruit note is red cherry and very nicely done, with some nondescript melon notes in a creamy vanilla ice cream. possibly pistachio? back notes. I really like the cherry in this one but the ice cream part is a little lacking IMO,
All in All, I really like this one

Still Need to retest a 5%……

10 Likes

Concha (Pan Dulce) - One on One
(Sweet (Mexican) Bread - One on One)
Vendor Description: A Sweet Mexican Bread Flavor that will have you saying Pan Dulce all day! Enjoy your conchas and don’t forget to share your recipes here!
Recommended mixing percentages: none listed

Also Listed as “Sweet (Mexican) Bread” in ELR database, bottle I received from OOO is labeled “Concha (Pan Dulce)”

Solo tested @3%: sweet bread with a vanilla note, that’s about it folks. Not getting any crunchy coating on it, although I’ve never had Concha IRL. Not a bad flavor but I wouldn’t run out and get it…
Although paired with the Spumoni Ice Cream OOO, it’s a tasty treat IMO :ok_hand:

11 Likes

Outstanding @Rocky02852.

8 Likes

Golden Sponge Cake - One on One

Vendor Description: Moist, light, fluffy and very cottony soft, taste like light cheesecake!
Suggested usage: 10- 12%

Solo tested at 3%, 7 day
One on One has some winners and some losers, this being in the latter group IMO.
Where to begin on describing this…I’m getting a peppery almost burnt orangey / vanilla taste,
I can almost pick out a decent cake way down in there, but the rest of it is just so nasty.
Thought I had a burnt coil, retested with different coil / tank setup, same results…

9 Likes

@Rocky02852, yeah but how do you REALLY feel ??

:slight_smile:

Nicely done.

5 Likes

Here is my current fav.

French Toast (OOO) 5% (8-20-17) – 2 weeks + of steeping waiting patiently to see if this could be the French Toast I was looking for, as I am a junkie, and have heard MUCH about OOO. Quite sadly this was NOT a good flavor for me. With all the 5 star reviews on OOO site, I was shocked. I had no idea what was in store for me, and this one just seemed a hodge podge of burnt mess. Very strange, and burnt tasting with little to no reference to any FT’s I’ve had before. I actually had such a negative experience , dumped the tank, and loaded up a 5 month old tester from RF SC and got my French Toast on. 1/10 .

7 Likes

Good to know my choice for the French Toast to get was correct.

5 Likes

EggZactly …… :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Getting burnt taste of any kind sucks. I’ve had a few where I thought my coil was burnt out, swapped it and still gotten that burnt taste. Dumped the juice and tried a different (but similar) juice with the same gear, and no burnt taste. Sorry this happened.

5 Likes

@Rocky02852 @SessionDrummer did either of you test these flavors much lower? I know some of their flavors need higher % but some need sub-1%, their marshmallow vanilla is a good example of less is more, it’s ok around 2% but i have been running it at 0.75% recently and think i get better flavor quality than at 1.5% or higher……i also know some of their flavors are just shit too lol just curious

8 Likes

No, but the thought did cross my mind. Just not ready to go there again any time soon. I will update my notes if and when anything changes….

5 Likes

@Fishaddict420 when I first started testing them, I was using 5%, and after that run, I decided to increase it to 7%. I didn’t test any of them lower than that. I didn’t run into any that appeared to be super concentrated. It has been a while since I tested these.

4 Likes

Some of them are just weird…. The strawberry pop rocks flavor is great in a space rocks clone at like 8-9%…… but i just put it in a mix with 3% razzleberry and 1% each lemon Sicily and blue raz cotton candy with 0.5% of the pop rocks and it walked all over everything…. So i try the pop rocks solo at 3% and it seems fairly weak…. Idk what the hell is going on lol.

Their marshmallow vanilla is good at 2%, doesn’t taste overflavored at all, but it’s better at 1%….i get this same thing with some flavorah flavors, like the Cinnamon Toast Crunch flavor, more is more until you try less, then less is more, but sometimes you still need more to make it work lol idk

8 Likes

Golden Sponge Cake - One on One

Retest at 1%, 5 day steep
It’s a little more defined now, but still horrid! Taste like a burnt grainy eggo waffle with unidentifiable cream notes that are still burnt orangey.
No longer picking up any Vanilla notes at this level…
(Best I can describe this is Orange Square Candy mixed with a lot of AP)

11 Likes

Thanks @Rocky02852.

6 Likes

Hi have someone tested this cause i have at 7% and tastes nothing i mixed it with inaweras strawberry at 0.75% and flv vanilla pudding at 0.75-1% and jf biscuit around 1% and seriusly i cant realy taste nothing… i be happy to hear from you guys

6 Likes

My guess is that @7% it mutes, I’d use half of that.
@.75 the inw SB is on the very low side.
My take on that would be:

GSC OOO 3.5% (I’d probably add another sponge, like angel cake or pound cake or something like that here, to layer it.)
SB INW 1.5 (shisha better?)
VP FLV 1.2%
Biscuit JF 2%
Super sweet for the citric acid it has.

But it’s just the way I look at it, not a “truth” that nobody has…

5 Likes

Sage - ONE on One

Tested at 0.45, 1 and 1.5%

Well this is an oddball flavour, so it’s review must reflect it.

Personally, I get a generic and watered down sweet herbal taste on its own. I could compare it to a watered down Basil (Flavorah) in all regards. But concentrates like this aren’t meant to be SFs.

When paired with gins (as part of my tests) it shines in providing a dense mouth feel and herby note that makes it a nice tool in low doses.

Use at 0.35% as an accent..

5 Likes