One Stop DIY Shop (OSDIY) Single Flavor and One Shot Tests by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

I like those two and also their Butterscotch Malt is really nice.

5 Likes

Haha (said in a roguish accent) I like Lucky Shot and Gooey Butter Cake. Though, I must admit, that they both are coil killers and I don’t like them enough to keep up with chore and there isn’t really enough left to give away.

My “BACK” button does not work anymore. “ya never know what ya got until it’s gone”

I hadn’t realized how much I actually use the back button. Maybe this will make me slow don some> or maybe not. :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

I’ve never seen the Gooey Butter Cake here in the U.K. but it sounds lovely.

4 Likes

This vendor does post PG and VG percentage contents for flavoring. Refreshing.

3 Likes

Hey SessionDrummer,
I keep seeing your name all over ELF and in reviews in BCF. Do you know the flavor Mango Mafia one shot by Jungle Flavors? Do you happen to know the recipe to that? If not, do you at least know what the main mango flavor used in that? I’ve already asked authormichellehughes (Hi Michelle!) and added some Indian Mango per her suggestion, but wanted your input? Mango Mafia is hands down one of the best juices I’ve tried, but I still want to know which mango was used if you do know. I’d love to make it a tad bit more mango-y :). Thanks!

2 Likes

@KC111, thanks for stopping in. Sadly I have not tried that one.

I should drop Flavor Jungle and see if they’d be willing to part with a few One-Shots for some tests. :slight_smile:

I have tested a couple of flavors from them on a side note …

3 Likes

I dropped a line to JF, to see what’s what.

4 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

3 Likes

Thank you Brother! I have much to learn, so I appreciate this.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I plan on following up the links you have sent me.

3 Likes

You’re very welcome @KC111.

2 Likes

Welcome KC111…Be prepared, be very prepared! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Am I reading that right… Corn Syrup and coloring in that eliquid…?

2 Likes

:crazy_face: Right back at you, LOL!

2 Likes

HOLY SHIT !!!

@CallMeTut, very happy to see you back.

I’ll have to go digging, and I seem to remember mention of a trace amount due to a TPA flavor, and not sure if they’re blanket labeling, as opposed to specific per flavor labeling…

1 Like

Just dropped a line to OSDIY for clarification.

1 Like

Welcome and glad you joined.

2 Likes

Butterscotch Malt (OSDIY) 10% (11-13-20) – First one on deck for this new flavor brand for me, was the BS Malt blend (aka One Shot). I wasn’t sure what to expect with these “blends”, and this first one, did impress. It was indeed a full, rich, and tasty butterscotch, but with something more. The “malt” was clearly present, but not in an overwhelming way. The interesting thing was, I wasn’t getting exactly a malted milk, or a malted shake per se, but it still did convey that somehow. A rather interesting addition, and hard to fully quantify or explain, but, it worked really good here. The BS was nice and full at 10%, rich, with some buttery-ness to it, and sweetness was almost mid level. The malt was really the bermuda triangle in this one, and at times it felt almost creamy, other times almost bakery-ish, and it really DID make for an interesting vape. Being new to OSDIY, and having only tested one “blend” thus far, I assume they are meant to be stand alone “One Shots” and if so, this one could indeed stand on it’s own. Clearly you could mix with it as well, and I think the really uniqueness of the Malt would allow for some interestingly new mixes. Couldn’t find any take offs, and the malt continued to be a happy mystery from the beginning of the tank, to the end. Pretty impressive first blend for me, and hopefully sets the tone for the rest of the blends on deck for testing. You can always tell when you like a tester, when you all of a sudden realize the tanks empty !!! Starting out these testers, this one felt really good at a high 9.3/10.

11 Likes

Wild CherryLicious (OSDIY) 4% (11-13-20) – Some of the more recent Cherries I’ve tested have been very good, and it seems (finally) flavor companies are starting to get it right. As a single flavor from OSDIY this one was also on the right track. At 4%, nothing off-putting, floral, soapy, or medicinal, so those are great hurdles to clear. It favored an artificial cherry but had some authentic notes in there as well. It appeared to be a Mara/Black Cherry mix, and leaned towards the brighter high end, with some mid notes. Despite emptying an entire tank of it, I couldn’t find any faults with it, and at 4% it was fairly full, but overall the flavor felt thin. It wasn’t that it was bad, just felt as if it was missing some body overall. I’m not sure if boosting it would improve that or not, and it MIGHT be able to carry all of the cherry weight in a mix, but could probably use some help. Slightly tart on the finish, and mid level sweet, it was a pretty good solo vape. Only minor take-offs for lacking some fullness and body, but don’t let that stop you from trying it out. Felt rock solid @ 9/10.

8 Likes

Baked Cinnamon Roll (OSDIY) 8% (11-13-20) – Whew, this is a single flavor ?? !!! POW !!! This one, felt like it SHOULD have been a One-Shot. Completely finished, well rounded, and RIGHT what it said, it was. If you’ve used Flavor West’s Cinnamon Roll, or CAP’s Cinnamon Danish Swirl, you NEED to try this one. Leaves both of them IN the dust, and I’m still trying to figure out why. Immediately upon vaping it, I knew it was very unique, and different. Was it the cinna, the roll, or both ? I think probably both. The cinnamon was perfectly suited for a cinna roll, and did indeed remind me of the type you’d get in a can of pop open cinna rolls from the store. Somehow OSDIY was able to almost capture the sugar crystals in it too. The roll was super accurate, and I don’t remember ever tasting this “bakery” note before. It almost reminded me of how accurate LA’s Cream Cheese Icing was. Combining the two, really just knocked it out of the park. @8% it was plenty present, and could even be lowered, and probably wouldn’t suffer much. Some buttery elements could be found in there, but they were not the main focus. Sweetness was about mid level, and the accuracy and overall presentation could not be ignored. No sour or metallic notes in the cinna, no overly yeasty notes in the roll, just plain simple, and good. Thus far, I can safely say if you like Cinnamon Rolls, and aren’t super thrilled with the ones on your rack now, pick this one up. 9.9/10.

11 Likes