Oops My Bad

I just got my order from Nicotine river and I was tranferring the flavor over to squeeze bottle’s, got the 60ml transferred fine then it was time for the big one. I forgot it was 150ml and tried putting it in a 4oz bottle.
That’s when the fun began, Liquid all over the table and all over my scale. The screen on my scale got wet inside but for now it still works. Damn it Jim :angry: Quess it’s time to shop for a new scale.

2 Likes

I guess that’s what they give you that little tray for!! LOL

1 Like

Can you just take it apart and clean the innards with alcohol?
I doubt VG or nic will destroy the load sensor.
I work in calibrations, and youd be surprised how many devices I fix just by cleaning with alcohol.

1 Like

At this moment I have it setting on its side to see if anything comes out. It is still working for now, but I have been contemplating taking it apart.

That’s why I’m glad I went with the cheapy Etekcity. It’s like, disposable man.

3 Likes

Yea that’s the one I have. Should of used the tray.

I think youll be fine, I know what scales are made of…and I’m pretty sure they can handle juice, unlike water.
Just think about all the juice our regulated devices consume over time.

2 Likes

Just convince yourself that it was done on purpose because you were just greasing the gears inside the scale (of course you’d have to first convince yourself that digital scales have gears…) lol

2 Likes

If you take it apart, go to an auto parts store and get a can of CRC quick dry electronics cleaner. It comes in a can very similar to carb cleaner and works great at cleaning out electronics. I’ve used it a few times to clean out my istick 50w whenever juice drips into it. Works like a charm. Just spray lightly.

1 Like

That CRC Quik Dry electronics cleaner is an AMAZING tool! I try to keep a bottle on hand.

I discovered it looking at CRCs MSDS of their MAF Sensor cleaner…its the samething at a fraction of the price…so its safe for delicate sensors as well.

2 Likes

I found out about it after the mechanic wanted 180.00 for a new MAF sensor and my neighbor told me to spray the old one instead. Worked great. 15 years later I have the original sensor working perfectly.

1 Like

Cleaning a MAF sensor is waaay better than any fuel treatment ive ever tried!

1 Like

I have a small styrofoam tray on my scale, weighs 4.47g, which is virtually nothing. Catches all my “boo boos” and is easily replaceable at the Dollar Tree. :wink: