Opinions/Feedback on Oatmeal Cookie flavors?

Having not used much oatmeal in mixes, looking for any feedback on the FLV and TFA Oatmeal cookies.

1 Like

If it is for your s’mores i would not go with either try Oatmeal Cookie rf sc it is very good

4 Likes

@woftam I did toss some drops of the RF SC OC into my 2nd mix, just to see what would change.

3 Likes

I have never tried the Oatmeal Raisin from Flavorah but I do like the Oatmeal Cookie by TPA. I use it in my Gravity recipe (which has been a hit with my friends that I mix for).

4 Likes

Thank you @Mourning_Glory. I don’t have either, but a special project that @AZViking and I are tackling is requiring some good oatmeal cookie, and having only the RF SC one in stock, was looking at the “other” two. I saw a few reviews of the TPA that almost made it sound like 80% raisin, and 20% oatmeal. We’re looking for a good, oaty oatmeal cookie. Any feedback on the TPA ?

1 Like

I have never tested it as a single flavor but I can tell you that I do not get any raisin from the flavor at all. IMO TPA Oatmeal Cookie tastes very much like a Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pie.

2 Likes

The Oatmeal Raisin (FLV) is suuuuper strong! Mostly smell’s and taste like raisin with a hint of cookie. I just used it for a cookie recipe 4 days ago at .35% and it is overpowering. Smells good but man she hits like Tyson. Here are my notes @SessionDrummer for (FLV) *I don’t have very elaborate detailed notes - I gotta get my thoughts down quick. I hope this is helpful.

I haven’t tried the Oatmeal Cookie (TPA) but have used the Oatmeal Cooke (SC) (RF); a VERY tasty oatmeal crisp cookie IMO.

★★★USE SPARINGLY - Very Strong - Overpowering★★★

► Smell / Taste / Feel
• Pleasant but VERY potent fig/raisin aroma
• Mild Sweetness • Light/Mild Oatmeal Crisp Cookie • *HEAVY Raisin
• Moderately Smooth - Heavy Mouth Feel

► Notes
• Can overpower a mix
• Shake vigorously - Dark / Mod. Thick
• Needs supporting “cookie” flavor: Oatmeal (SC) (RF) | Cookie (PUR)

► Usage: .1 - .15% min | .2 - .3% med | .35 - .5% max
Mix: .15 -.25%

■ Sub: Oatmeal Cookie (SC) (RF) + Cookie (Pur)

4 Likes

@Leilani @Mourning_Glory Thank you both !!!

You’ve reached the maximum number of likes today. Please wait 1 hour before trying again.

1 Like

This looks good but i do not have cookie butter. Is there an adequate sub for this flavor ?

1 Like

I love your flavor notes Ms Lady. Thank YOU !!

2 Likes

Not sure if that is a flavor that can be subbed but if you do not have it,I’d recommend a reduced percentage of 0.30% of Butter by Capella.

2 Likes

How about that OOO Oatmeal? I think that they make more than one of em too.

1 Like

You’re welcome @robin & @SessionDrummer. I will do my best to take good flavor notes.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I bought FLV Oatmeal Raisin thinking it was gonna rock but after I smelled it, it reminded me of green beans. Tasted horrid to me so I sent it to a friend

4 Likes

Mourning_Glory: Oooh looks nice, going to mix that up today :wink: Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I am craving Yig by Grimm Kvlt so bad and living in Switzerland it seems impossible to get my hands on. It’s either out of stock or nonexistent.

It is described as follows:
“Where The Yig doth tread, no man tread tomorrow. Blackcurrant harvest of oatmeal cookie and custard.”
It is a 70/30 VG/PG blend.

So it’s obviously three main elements in play here:

• Black Currant
  • Oatmeal
  • Custard

I feel like I’m getting close but can’t quite get the custard nor the black currant to have the same notes as the original.

The original has a strong oatmeal cookie base with an almost juicy black currant top note and a light custard finish, in memory… It’s been a while since I last had the real thing.

Any help in getting this closer to the real thing would be greatly appreciated.

One love and keep vaping!
Moloko23

2 Likes