Opinions on Flavor West vs Capella?

That would be awesome, perhaps i could sneak in a few more purchases!

2 Likes

Oh, I get it. @Alisa keeps her busy while you scour the internet for new hardware. Nice !!! Sounds like a plan…

3 Likes

Hmmm… .that wasn’t really what I had in mind. You boys are not playin’ fair.

7 Likes

I like them both …

1 Like

If I understand what you are saying is that, FW may make the best strawberry flavor on market but not the best raspberry flavor and Capella may make the best raspberry but not the best strawberry?

1 Like

I think the point I was trying to make is that you can not choose one company over another company in this manner. You must choose the better flavor from whichever company that you personally feel is the better tasting. No one company has all good flavors. You must pick and choose from each company. Hope that is a little clearer…

1 Like

Understood, thank you. Do you think Cuttwood, suicide bunny etc. make there own flavors? Or buy from the same companies available to the public?

Obviously we are not privy to this information but it is rumored that both use Capella flavors…

Thank you, any rumors of major companies using FW?

FW has some d*&n fine flavors. I don’t see how it matters. I think we all go buy taste and seek out what suits us for each flavor. I use a lot of various brands of “not a flavor” to build the flavor I want, so it’s not even a hard and fast rule. Sometimes a flavor is all wrong as what it’s named, but provides a dimension that another flavor needs. I don’t know if that makes sense, but that’s the beauty of DIY. And you can stll make your own flavors.

1 Like

How do you DIY and make your own flavors?

I believe he means he will use additional flavors not typical for a profile in a batch that way he’s controlling what he wants in the batch to achieve a certain taste that he wants… like adding hazelnut to a mix low enough wont necessarily add the flavor Hazelnut to it until it’s used high enough to have that precise profile stand out. FW’s hazelnut is good for that stay under 1% and it adds sweetness and some nuttiness.

1 Like

Yup, exactly what she said. I have discovered that a small amount of cactus flavor will make a tobacco EXPLODE in flavor. Caramels are good with tobaccos. I don’t do creams, but you can tailor some very exotic and very specific fruits. I can add flowers to any other flavor. . .and on and on.

I understand you can make your own tobacco and tea flavors, which I will be trying shortly, but I also make my own vanilla, soaking particular origin beans directly in PG and simply decanting the flavor with an eyedropper. You cannot beat the flavor, but it’s not strong. Not advocating anyone do this, it might be stupid, so do what you want.

1 Like