Opinions on what flavor to use for a Fried Egg effect

hmmm have you tried meringue? maybe a lil eggnog with some of that FA amber to cook it?
I did not find INW custard very eggy which is why I prefer CAP.
Don’t think custard would be help this kind of recipe it would make it a dessert.

5 Likes

Inw custard is my favorite and always the first custard too pick. BUt too me it’s not eggy, nutty yes above a certain percentage, thick as well.

Wonder at what percentage people trying it, I tested it from 0.25-6% and while it gets weird above 4% for me, still get no egg. Maybe way higher?

I would also agree that cap v1 is the most eggy custard with as you describe it bad vanilla, reason I hate that custard. V2 isn’t much better.

Anyways there’s plenty of flavors, besides custards, that have a eggy note, that could benefit even your toast, if used as a accent and not main note.

Custard I get a lot of egg from besides cap is (FA) custard premium. Only available over in europe/uk but if you order butter/egg yolk anyways, maybe grab that.

(pur) vanilla custard
(Tpa) vanilla custard

And maybe I’m alone here, but I get a slight egg from (flv) pudding and custard. Weirdly enough not from their V. Custard, which too me taste more like the pudding should have tasted…maybe my labels for switched lol

Bakeries that too me have a very prominent egg note are:

(Vta) croissant (tons of egg and butter)
(WF) crepe
(FA) cakes, besides the absurd amount of lemon zest, most of them have a egg note.

Ice creams with egg, too me at least

(Cap) vanilla ice cream
(Hs) French vanilla as well as their regular vanilla ice cream
(Tpa) vanilla bean ice cream
(Lb) vanilla ice cream, if you use it as primary and push it up. Careful it can and will mute other top heavy flavors.

Pretty sure there’s more, but right off my head, this ones jump right out.
Maybe it’s helpful, but then again we all know how subjective this is, especially in the case of EGG!

8 Likes

I don’t mix at high %'s at all I usually try to keep each flavor 2% and below when I can help it, I know there are those that just don’t reach potential until 3% (as far as my tastes goes) So if I used INW Custard it would def be a really low % of it. Anything I have tried of CAP that is a “Vanilla” has that just weird taste. I think it is a super artificial taste that is putting me off on them maybe? I just ordered 7 of the PUR flavors to try end of last week and didn’t get the Vanilla Custard of course lol… TPA Vanilla Custard and their VBIC are both very buttery to me so those may work if I can find the sweet spot with the % WF Crepe I get a supper heavy spice note, not cinnamon but more like Anise or CLove it kinda puts me off of it I am still trying to find the right mix for it to be able to use it (and I really want to be able to use it as I am a big fan of WF )
I thought about ordering FLV Custard to try, I mean the picture on its thumbnail at BCF is of an egg yolk in a half shell lol so you’d think it would be eggy. I was going to give it a mix with FLV Vanilla Custard this evening and see how it turned out. I may try one with the Vanilla Pudding as well even though I haven’t gotten any egg notes from it, but it may be what I have mixed it with that has kept me from getting that egg from it too… Its worth a shot, I only mix in 10 or 15ml test batches so it’s not like I lose a ton when something doesn’t work out. Thank you for all your help it has def gave me a few more routes to toy with… Much appreciated as always…

6 Likes

I hadn’t thought to try eggnog with it because when i think of eggnog I think of what it actually tastes like to me when I have tried to drink it before. I’m not a fan of the texture of real eggnog either. Way too Thick I guess is the word I’m looking for to describe it lol. But thank you for your suggestion it may very well be one that could work for what I am wanting in my mix…

3 Likes

Well, I would have to suggest Health Cabin Egg Custard. That stuff is eggy as I have ever tasted and it may work for what you are trying for.

6 Likes

I did not see it there last night BB… best thing I could say was eggroll… :rofl::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I tried to click on eggroll and it wouldn’t take me to it and then I searched it and it wouldn’t bring it up. They must be out of it I’m guessing. I will just have to order from diyvs. I will check there for the egg custard too who knows I may order them both lol

5 Likes

Yes @anon84779643,thank you, I forgot that they recently removed that from their line. I’m glad I bought a bunch a while back because I love to add a little to my vanilla custards.I guess I will have to import it from their source unless a vendor in the U.S. will stock some again one day. Shipping will probably be steep but it’s the only place I know for sure to get the Egg Custard, the ones who make it.

http://www.magicalflavour.com/Flavors-Detail?product_id=679

But on the other hand, I still see it here but not too sure how long.

6 Likes

@mixologist13
Whaaaat? =P :rofl:

I’m a powdered sugar kinda guy for starters!
Second, if there has to be syrup… Then either Log Cabin or Aunt Jemima!

Now, if it were hotcakes… Then Boysenberry all the way! lol
But we are talking French toast here :wink:
(or trying to anyways, apologies OP. chuckles)

5 Likes

Maple syrup is real syrup that other stuff is just corn syrup and flavoring! Where I come from your comment is blasphemous lololol

6 Likes

I have never had the real deal truly authentic Maple Syrup but one day I will try it. I imagine it is much darker in taste, less sugary sweet and much thicker than the fake stuff?

4 Likes

Log Cabin is my favorite, but I am a penny pincher so I usually but the off or store brand cheap stuff. I actually just finished a bottle of Log Cabin last week and restocked with the store brand stuff over the weekend. lol…

4 Likes

I absolutely adore the maple bar… perfection in a 15ml bottle <3 :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

“Your people” drink TREES sir.
TREES I say!!! :crazy_face:
:wink:

/seriously though
I enjoy Maple from time to time. Just not on French toast! :wink: Besides, we can’t help where we’re born (my brother from another mother).

5 Likes

Maple Bar was the very first FLV flavor I ever ordered and I still haven’t found the right recipe using it that I have truly liked. I’ve mixed some that have been ok but none that are…YUUUUm. I need to go back and do another SFT on it and refresh my memory what I’m working with.

4 Likes

I use it between .2% and .4%

More than welcome to search thru my recipes…
but here is a recent that I have had a lot of feedback from :blush:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2837348/Smoky%20Blue's%20Awful%20Waffle

3 Likes

LOL :rofl: That is exactly what I was just doing… HA… Awesome, thanks so much I will give it a look see right now.

3 Likes

I’m gonna have to order the Waffle and the Wheat but when I do I will def give this one a mix… I have thought about ordering the Waffle on the last couple of FLV orders I made but was just unsure of it since I hadn’t read any reviews on it and seeing as how it seems Waffle is one of those flavors that I think only Inw was the only ones to get right (according to what I read) and they did away with it. I take it that it has a pungent “Smell”?

4 Likes

FLV Waffle is right on target. it does need a longer-sh steep, but it has everything you can think of a waffle needs. Ap is a good friend to waffle as well as the wheat, helps to bring the sweet bread part out… Maple bar gives a helping hand with the syrup in waffle to make it truly an authentic Belgium waffle. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You assume right good sir. I pay 12$ for a 1L Its worth the extra shekels…

4 Likes