Orange Pie Help

Hello and sorry for my english. Below is a recipe for Orange Pie. In my mind, it’s not like a cake but like layers with many layers of crust pie if you know them. I would like your opinion on the recipe and advice so that it is a syrupy result with an orange flavor without losing the piece of the bakery.
Mille Feuilles (WF) 2.5%
Cereal 27 (CAP) 1%
Crispy Wafer (WF) 1% or Graham Cracker (FLV) 0.8%
Orange Cream (TPA) 3%
Orange Juicy (CAP) 0.25% or Shisha Orange (INW) 0.15% or Sweet Tangerine (CAP) 0.10%
Cream (FLV) 1%
Vanilla Whipped Cream (CAP) 1.5%
Hibiscus (CAP) 0.5% (for extra floral notes in orange)
Golden Syrup (VTA) 2.5%
Super Sweet (CAP) 0.6% or Milk & Honey (FLV) 0.4% (Would this work in this recipe?)

I will be happy to hear your suggestions and corrections especially on the bakery layer…thanks very much in advance.

2 Likes

Hey man , im guessing youre going for a greek style “siropiasto” orange pie
Its realy hard to get the bakery to shine through when youre going full syrup like that.I’ve tried the Golden syrup 3.5%+TPA Honeysuckle 3% in a similar recipe which comes very close to the original floral taste in that type of pie.Regarding the bakery i can only think of using starch base and some rice base/sweet rice to get maybe the feeling of that fylo come through.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your advices​:pray::pray::pray:. What is your opinion fot syrup effect with combo golden syrup 1,5-2%, super sweet 0,6%, honey fa or inw 0.25%?

2 Likes

i dont have and never tried FA-INW Honey , so cant tell you anything on this one…

3 Likes