Organic USP/EP Pharma Grade Naturally Extracted VG/ UK

Hi Everyone,

I’m about to start my DIY adventure and I want it to be as pure and natural as possible. Being PG-sensitive, I will focus exclusively on VG ingredients. I’m fascinated by the NET topics I found here, but before I even think about making my own extracts, I need to get hold of a suitable base.

So, if you know any tried and tested UK supplier of Organic USP/EP Pharma Grade Naturally Extracted VG, please share. Palm free, of course.

@jay210 I’ve read many of your posts on flavour concentrates and learnt a lot from them. I’m sure you have plenty of current ‘intel’ on VG bases too, and if you’d be willing to share, I’d be over the moon. Many thanks in advance.

6 Likes

I can’t help you, just say welcome to the forum. Surely someone will give you a clue …

5 Likes

Thanks for stopping by, @Gus6. :grinning:

2 Likes

Like @Gus6 , I have no answers, but want to welcome you to the forum. I’m sure someone will offer some guidance.

3 Likes

Just editing part 2 of a 3 part video about NET extraction with the Homogenizer.
Part 1 is already out on YT, it’s in italian, but with English subs burnt in.

Guess you’ll be using PDO as PG, nobody (only a few, AFAIK) went that route yet, but there are Palm free VGs around, usually derived from Coconut, Rapeseed or Soybean.

Welcome to the forum @Jo_76

4 Likes

Thank you @Cary1 :grinning:

3 Likes

Cheers @Iv3shf :grinning:

If you can post the link here, I’d surely watch it. I’m so new to the subject that I have no idea what PDO stands for…yet :relaxed:

2 Likes

Anyway, VG is a highly refined product, I don’t think it can be “naturally extracted” … Pharma grade is totally clean of contaminants …

5 Likes

PDO is 1,3 Propanediol. PG is 1,2 Propanediol.

Propylene Glycol and PDO have the same molecular formula (C3H8O2), but their molecular structure is different. PG is a petrochemical while PDO is vegetable-sourced (corn sugar?).

Most PDO is for cosmetic purposes. If you’re wanting to use it for vaping, be sure that you get Pharma quality.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info @FL_Vaper. Is there any particular reason to use PDO instead of 100% VG? Viscosity? Flavour? Asking out of curiosity; PDO does not sound like something I’d consider using myself.

2 Likes

Is anyone here using Lubrisolve VG? Any comments on the quality, please? Especially if you’re PG-sensitive.

2 Likes

It says ‘pure’, but not ‘organic’…

2 Likes

This one’s organic, but seemingly not pharma grade… Is anyone here using it and could recommend/comment?

3 Likes

Another organic candidate, made from corn, soy and mustard (?) Comments welcome…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Organic-Vegetable-Glycerin-Sky-Organics/dp/B01LX78O2J

2 Likes

If anyone’s using this one, please comment.

2 Likes

Not organic, but 99,9% pure from sustainable rapeseed oil. Hmm, good enough?

2 Likes

Of all the ones you linked, this is the only one I saw that was pharma grade. While the other ones were organic, they weren’t of a grade that I’d want to vape.

As for PDO, it’s a PG-alternative, which may have been explained earlier. It’s up to you if you want to incorporate it into your juice or not. I’ve never used it, but it’s supposed to be very similar to PG. Its viscosity and flavor-carry properties should be the same, although I’ve read that it doesn’t have the same throat hit as PG.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed the eBay one is supposed to be pharma grade. It looks to be a business run out of someone’s home, so I’d be wary, but that’s just me - I can be kinda cynical about things like that until I see an MSDS.

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to go through the links @FL_Vaper. I am determined to do my homework and since it’s stuff I’m going to inhale, I want to be as sure as possible it’s of the highest quality.
And yeah, I don’t think I’d be buying anything liquid from eBay.

At the moment, the only juice I vape is Kind Juice. That’s the level of quality I’d like to achieve in my DIY endeavour.

3 Likes

Never INHALE oils of any kind! In your quest for vaping organic matter only you are about to risk respiratory damage to your lungs. PLEASE read our guidelines and educational material on DIY before anything else.

3 Likes

Thank you, @muth. My post clearly says “from”, though.

3 Likes