Organizing my flavor stash

After alot of frustration
ive decided to try to alphabetically organize my stash I got 1more day off work to try this…how many days or hours do you guys think it’ll take? pics to follow

7 Likes

6 Likes

I also have these 2 fridges ful

7 Likes

Nice mate, looks like a fun job. Your stash is alphabetical so you could possibly just find all of one letter and sort it, then the next, etc. Still, I reckon it may take a little time to do! :wink:

9 Likes

I do alphabetical within brand drawers.

10 Likes

can anyone send some pics for examples for me?
also …I think Im gonna need more space another display case? more nail polish stands. .

5 Likes

Same here, using Raaco handy boxes with drawers by brand, labelled outside each drawer, and inside (plenty of space) by type,(fruits, creams, tobaccos.
Alphabetically would be easier, but I’m lazy and not exactly tidy.

7 Likes

@ladycrooks I think it’s great you’re trying to organize your stash, as the bigger it gets, without a system, it turns into CHAOS. Over the years, I have tried EVERY order of possible organization, and this included straight alphabetically, by flavor type, use, etc., and all failed for me.

With my OCD, the ONLY way I could keep it straight, was to FIRST organize by MFG, then within alphabetically. I have the hoard broken into three main sections. The working racks, mid-size / extras, and large 120ml+ jugs.

As the hoard grew, I had to make it COMPACT, or reaching, seeing, getting whatever flavor I needed would be a hassle, so 5+ tier nail polish racks, were the only way to go. Once I exceeded them, I added a few wall mounted nail polish racks.

More doesn’t make it better, it just makes it HARDER LOL.

12 Likes

Thank you everyone I had a grand maul seizure on wednesday last week and just got home lastnight. need a project. i already have 5 5 to 6 tier nail polish racks but the wall mount will help. thx

7 Likes

Wow, @ladycrooks do they know what caused it ? Godspeed on your recovery, AND, your projects as well.

5 Likes

Seizures can be scary as heck. Take good care of yourself and hope they find the root cause of it. Sending you kind thoughts and intentions.
Glad you have the stash project to give you something to do that will give you joy !!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that ladycrooks :hugs: I hope things get sorted for you asap.

5 Likes

You seem to get more than your fair share of medical problems @ladycrooks and I too wish you a speedy recovery and hope you don’t have another one.

Any ideas as to the cause?

If I’m being a nosey prick just tell me.

6 Likes

… it was an eye opener.

5 Likes

my own stupidity. I’ve learned though.

5 Likes

I wish my health issues were just from stupidity - that’s an easy fix :grin: :+1: :hugs:

6 Likes

that’s how I had mine fruits creams custards it was easier for some reason for me. now I’m attempting the alphabetical thing and it’s
CAUSING my ocd. lol!??

5 Likes

@ladycrooks it’s really up to how YOUR mind works. Mine (and my large hoard), forced me to do it only ONE way. I also need my mixing to be as FAST as possible, ESPECIALLY if I have a big queue to get through. I really did try sorting by TYPE for a while, and it was a slow motion train wreck for me, and my mixing style.

When I know I need an FA flavor, I go RIGHT to my FA area, and alpha scan to the flavor, and same for every other flavor. Do what works for you, and alphabetizing DOES take a little time in the beginning, but once it’s done, your done with it, and off to SPEEDY mixing…

It may look like a mess, but it’s totally setup in MFG areas, and within, all alphabetized.

6 Likes

I know these pics are RE-posts, but my EXTRA flavors (small and medium bottles), AND, flavors that are not CONSTANTLY used, are in the bins …

6 Likes