OSDIY flavor tasting notes

We all know the blue raz slushy is pretty darn good, but anyone else trying other flavors?? I picked up some with my blue raz order, and I’m creating this post pretty much specifically for their baked cinnamon roll flavor…at 8% this flavor brings me back to my childhood, it tastes just like a cinnamon twist from roselyn bakeries(rip), if your unfamiliar its like you took normal glazed donut dough, stretched it out like a breadstick, rubbed a little cinnamon on it and twisted it up like your making a twisted coil and hitting it with that glaze icing at the end.

It’s a little light on cinnamon to be a true cinnamon roll, but the bread notes are closer to perfection than I have ever made on my own, and I have dozens of cinnaroll recipes.

This should tell you how good this flavor is to me, when thinking about how to make it better adding rich cinnamon at one drop per 40-50 ml is the only thing I can really think of, and that combo is gonna have a permanent place on my juice shelf, I mixed a 15ml for testing and the next batch was 100ml lol this flavor ticks all the right boxes for me.

7 Likes

Margarita: I tried this one at 7%, and that might be a touch high, at this concentration it tastes like one of those store bought mixes for frozen margaritas that your supposed to dilute down with ice, but you were already 5 tequilas in and you just poured it in your cup without any ice or booze lol. Syrupy to the point of almost being sticky, yet I had no problem polishing off the tester, tried it again at 6% and that knocked the syrup back more than I thought it would.

This one is really good on its own, but it has potential in recipes even outside of the realm of margaritas, this recipe is a wip but it’s already basically perfect, just a touch too much orange, my v2 is the same but one drop orange in 25ml, and I think it will be my final version other than adding in some sugar mama to get the candy right.

7 Likes

Blue raspberry slush: I think most people that are chasing blue raz tried this when that Reddit/atf recipe blew up a few years ago, I know I did. 8% for my SFT, it’s exactly like I remember, it’s a nice blue raz, a touch heavy on the “blue” if that makes sense, and a little on the darker side of sweetness vs being really vibrant and bright.
To me this is top of the line blue raz, right up there with flavor revolution electric blue at the top of the heap, and the FR has the bright vibrant notes that the OSDIY doesn’t, they seem to compliment each other very well.

7 Likes

Tropical blend: I tried this one at 8% and it was too high, no real off-notes just extra syrupy and cloyingly sweet, next test will be at 6%. This is a very emulsified tropical flavor, I don’t get too many individual fruits, tastes more like a farmers market smoothie from the Caribbean lol will edit this post when I retest.

7 Likes

Nice start with some great info! :thumbsup:
Subbed.

3 Likes

Hey bro. I have a 15ml bottle of the Blue razz slushy. If you want it DM me.

3 Likes

Thanks for the offer!

4 Likes

I tried the tropical blend again at 6% and a lot of the overly sticky sensations went away, but everything else from the first test is still there. Not a bad flavor at all but I’m not sure what to do with it, maybe add some milk and yogurt or ice cream for a tropical smoothie? It should be noted that “tropical” is not my wheelhouse, so I’m sure someone who only vapes fruits and stuff might have a dozen ideas for this one.

5 Likes

Know this is an old thread…but I saw the Roselyn bit. Man I miss those twists and the sweetheart coffee cake. Ordered the osdiy based on that description lol

5 Likes

I need to reorder some, i ran out at the beginning of summer and basically vaped fruity stuff all summer this year lol i still think its the best stand alone cinnamon bakery flavor i have had, i used up the end of my last bottle trying to nail down an orange roll recipe lol the only downside is it has a high usage rate, i need 6% or more in a recipe if it is the main flavor profile, i vaped it alot just by itself at 8-10% with maybe one drop flv rich cinnamon in 50-60ml if i wanted to bump the spice lol

5 Likes