Our new home, with pics

Congrats!!! I can only imagine your excitement.

We are starting that same journey. Just had the spot we picked on the land we bought cleared. Now we have to get utilities out, well, etc. We have a small rental we are living in till all is done. It will be a while.

I need to change my forum name to “Tornadoalleydeb” lol
We are in Oklahoma and the land is in a tiny place called Stuart. Now if I could only get used to the humidity. I have lived in the desert (AZ and NV) since the early 80’s

I wish you many years of happiness in your new home!

11 Likes

I am officially Jealous @Ken_O_Where …You would not believe how many times ive told my wife that we need to find a couple acres and put a manufacrured home smack in the middle…So cool , very happy for you

8 Likes

Congrats buddy, I am so happy for you! :smiley:

10 Likes

Wow, awesome, Deb! It is pretty exciting, eh? I hope the best for you too and i also hope you post a few pics. Thank you and best of luck on your journey, Deb. Humidity + heat sucks but the seclusion makes it worth it.

@fidalgo_vapes We almost moved up years ago and im glad we didnt, we were looking near the place where @d_fabes sign is, that woulda been mega snow country. I hope you get the opportunity to do as you want to, the further away from the cities the better, lol.

My uncle told me today that he sold the property to the north of us to a family from the area so i will have a couple neighbors but not many. Here is a sat image of the property and surrounding area:

All farms and woods.

14 Likes

Congratulations @Ken_O_Where on your new home, may you and your family have many happy years there.

9 Likes

Thank you all, im leaving on Sunday to head up. Ill try to post some more pics but it might be awhile until i can log in again.

8 Likes

Get them Mixing Lab pics up @Ken_O_Where !!!

7 Likes

Godspeed Ken.

8 Likes

Cant freakin wait but ill have too, lol. There is one last job that needs to be done before the fellas can get in the house to finish it. I was gonna stay in our shitty cabin but the inlaws insist that i stay at their house which is awesome as there is no shower in the cabin. While i have no problem showering outside, during the spring and summer, it is a bit nippy up there right now.

12 Likes