Out and about during what's left of the Pandemic

I love you @daath <3 :hugs: :upside_down_face: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Watch using the lighter fluid with this stuff. You don’t need much because it’s like lighting a dry campfire again in the morning (so so dry!) The red embers start in a corner and roll across the rest. HOT!!! Be careful with this stuff too. It’s hotter than regular charcoal squares so it really will burn up your food.

As with cooking on a campfire, I regulate the heat more by starting with a little of it at a time and add as I need it. It’s either this or real wood for me. OMG does the food taste better!!! I’m not a salesman for this stuff but have you ever noticed cooking over a campfire and charcoal briquets taste different? Try this stuff if you can find it. I love it personally.

2 Likes

Aaaahhh… My secret seems to be out lol. REAL WOOD!!! Campfire style!!! I’ve found its attention to detail that makes a meal how about you? I prep for grilling by gathering wood up a few days before cooking (or just a matter of habit? I used a wood stove to heat the house for years). I mean, know I’m going to grill eventually. I might as well gather the stuff up ahead of time.

I have a few questions. Why does EVERYONE who sees me using real wood complain that I’m not using charcoal briquets? Why do they tell me I’m going to “burn it up”? Why do the same people who tell me this come and ask for some when I’m done?
Why can’t they realize that I’m cooking over an open flame not using a semi smoker grill? Don’t they know you don’t walk away from open flame cooking unless it’s in a pan or pot?

It’s questions like these that make me ponder and want to ask…

“WHY ARE YOU EATING MY FOOD??? WHY DID I HAVE TO MAKE EXTRAS FOR YOU???” I do have an answer for 1 thing though… Yes… I HAVE actually thought about asking these people if they plan to leave a tip when they pay the check (I don’t mind making 1-2 small samplers. If I have to serve a whole meal then pay for the raw meat at least?)

2 Likes

Will you be my neighbor?
:laughing:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your outing. Really cool that you fixed the flag. I have done that before at cemetaries. We used to go geocaching, and cemetaries were a hot spot for cache hides. We saw a lot of cool memorials while visiting these places.

It’s also cool to see the outside world is still there. I haven’t really left my apartment in over a year. My condition just makes it too hard and painful to do so. Car rides leave me immobilized for two or three days afterwards. And walking only takes me 50 feet or so before the pain makes me return. I don’t know what it was, but just seeing your photos and comments made me feel better today, so thanks man.

4 Likes

Out flying over the river

1 Like

Thanks for erecting our flag :+1:

2 Likes

Sorry for all the pain you’re dealing with. I have a hard time hearing about others’ pain. I’ll keep you in my prayers and send calming, soothing light your way. Be well. :smile:

3 Likes