Out and about during what's left of the Pandemic

Rather than re-hash all the COVID/Pandemic/Rioting conversations, was out with the wife today, picking up a few things (if we could find them), visiting her sister’s grave, watching all the newly released people scurrying about doing whatever it was they were doing…

First things first, haven’t had ANY time to BBQ and that’s terrible. Looking for my go to charcoal, and was only ONE bag left (whew) !!!

Someone had a Whoopsie at the grab and go case by the registers …

At the cemetery noticed a Navy Seaman’s flag stick had cracked and the American Flag was laying in the grass, and I only had a rubber band handy.

Oooorah…

Randomly random…

22 Likes

You have had a busy morning, Sd and thanks for fixing that little flag… even with a rubber band, you did an excellent job! I used to have a small collection of them, but over the years, have given them all away <3

Looks like you are cooking out tonight… just speed mail me some dinner and I will be just fine! :slight_smile:
Here… looks the same as it has in the last month, and now our gas prices are at around 1.50/gal… slowly creeping back up… better slow down, as I still dont have my versa note yet…

oh… and my post smilies are missing!! @daath… where did they go??? :crazy_face: :hugs:

6 Likes

Hmmmm, me too. Looks like another “update”. Maybe Lars knows.

4 Likes

Maybe… :slight_smile:

I have cars going up and down the street… my windows and doors are wide open, with my big fans going… and its still muggy! but its good to see the kids playing and the dogs giving their barks and yips… seems like people are waking up… :slight_smile:

ok I have to get back to my hot date with the iron… laters!!

4 Likes

Your a good man, positive posts like this are always refreshing, thanks brother :+1:

8 Likes

Thank you @mjag.

3 Likes

No idea. Some update to Discourse or the plugin messed something up. Maybe they’ll come back :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I hope so… I like the smilies :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :tada:

3 Likes

Good man. But I fear it has only gotten started and we are in a false sense of a lull. Been reading on the 1918 Pandemic quite a bit and it is eerily relevant to today.

9 Likes

I’m not big on briquettes. From what I understand, they have real coal in them, sawdust, and some charcoal.

Here’s a favorite brand of mine:

4 Likes

Sad to say, but agree…

7 Likes

I do like the lump, but, they haven’t even ordered it since COVID started. Natural is about the best we can get for the foreseeable future it would appear…

3 Likes

Interesting…I am a charcoal bbq er , i may try this

4 Likes

eh, give me some sticks… I can do charcoal… but I am so used to just open flames.
I even dehydrate on my fires. Pyromaniac suits me just fine, I can keep mine contained.

This is what I want next… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I want one too!!!

4 Likes

Makes your food taste even better… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Smilies are back :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Whew @daath. What was it ?

3 Likes

Combo-update of Discourse and Retort, I think - some people saw way more breakage than we did :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The retort guys just pushed a new update that fixed it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you for sorting that out.

4 Likes