Out with the old

My old user name @Jimk is no more. I figured a user name which describes my mixing style, would suit me better. :wink:

7 Likes

You mix with cedar chips and buffalo dung? LOL sorry, couldnā€™t resist.

5 Likes

The throat hit is phenomenal! :laughing:

7 Likes

How about keeping your avatar for a minute so I can wrap my head around your new name LOL thank God I donā€™t have to pronounce that.

3 Likes

As long as you donā€™t have a bad stutter, you should be good to go. :laughing:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve thought about changing mibe also but havenā€™t quite got the timing rt??? I will eventuallyā€¦ I like it BTW :wink:I donā€™t think of myself as a quitter any longer itā€™s more like I began or started something rather than quitting somethingā€¦

3 Likes

Alright Jim, Iā€™m lost. What does that mean?

3 Likes

According to my dictionary:
kinnikinnick |ĖŒkinikiĖˆnik| (also kinnikinnic or kinnikinnik)
noun
a smoking mixture used by North American Indians as a substitute for tobacco or for mixing with it, typically consisting of dried sumac leaves and the inner bark of willow or dogwood.
ā€¢ N. Amer. the bearberry, which was also sometimes used in kinnikinnick.

5 Likes

Yup. Itā€™s a Native American or more specifically, an Algonquin word which roughly means, that which is mixed. That mixture, typically a combination of leaves and tree bark, was smoked during rituals as spiritual medicine. Many kinnikinnick mixtures did, in fact, include some type of tobacco product; scant amounts, as herbs were the primary ingredient. :wink:

4 Likes

I think I just acquired one trying to say it :scream:

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. I remember when herbs were my primary ingredient.

10 Likes

Iā€™m just gonna pretend all those Iā€™s are Oā€™s from here on out. :wink:

2 Likes

So, something like @Konnokonnock ā€¦ Whoā€™s there? :laughing:

3 Likes

Yup, cause I love your sense of humor!

Blucher!!!

2 Likes
3 Likes

I seem to have a rather large gap where my memory used to be, I think it is herbs that did it, but maybe something synthetical was in the mix too. I canā€™t remember :thought_balloon::no_bell:

4 Likes

ā€˜Out with the oldā€™

Donā€™t scare me like that. I thought us old farts were being evicted!

Andā€¦Iā€™m pleading the 5th, on the herbs.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s next yearā€¦

3 Likes

I was looking through some recipes and was like ā€œwho the hell is this Kinnikinick fellow?ā€. I have thought about changing my nick to WickedFog, but I opted against it for the time being.

3 Likes

You should make your user name whatever you want it to be! :+1:

A year ago, when I signed up with ELR, I used the first user name that came to mind. Now that Iā€™ve been mixing a while and chilling on ELR, Iā€™ve had a lot of time to think about my user name.

Iā€™ve always had an affinity for the Native American culture and people. They are the folks, after all, that discovered the many wonderful uses for so many natural plants, particularly tobacco. :wink: So, the user name @Kinnikinnick is my way of paying homage to the Native American people.

5 Likes