Passion Fruit/Mango/Pear

I haven’t done much with passion fruit and I’m currently trying to mix with all these flavors I either didn’t know I even had or haven’t used.
Passion fruit is one of these flavors and much to my surprise I actually have 3?!

I have TFA’s, CAP’s and FW none of which really received a good rating here on ELR…

So 2 questions…1 Has anyone had experience with any of these and can say if one is better than another? and 2 is there another company out there that has a true passion fruit?
So far I have only used TFA’s and it was bad but it wasn’t great either…there seems to be more love for cap’s but I do not have a great history with their fruits…
Either way I want to use some later today and I am really on the fence about which to use without haveing to make 3 separate bottles…

Thanks peeps!

1 Like

I would love to help out but I haven’t done anything with it either. I have Cap’s but I don’t think I’ve ever used it, if I have, I have forgotten about it. It looks like FA is getting a 4 star but only rated by 4 people, @daath is one of the four so maybe he can tell you about it. Cap is also only rated by 4 people @JoJo gave it 4 stars. Hopefully they see this post and help you out. TFA is not rated on the list at all…

2 Likes

Thanks Josephine! Yeah I saw those ratings and I’m supprised there isn’t more info out there…the TFA has that chemical smell to it but the 1 white tea recipe I used it in came out great BUT the White tea may have muted the nasties

2 Likes

Just had a look on the FA website but there are no reviews, they describe it as; Intense, potent and fruity.
Looked on a Dutch website that sells Cap and there was one review that said it was spot on passion fruit. There are no reviews for passion fruit on the FW website, so it looks like Cap is your best bet.
PS Nice new profile picture you’ve got there!

2 Likes

Awesome thanks for looking around for me!! I’m surprised there isn’t more PF people out there, I was leaning toward cap’s based upon what I have seen but I feared that capella candy like flavor I get with a lot of their fruits I have, anyways capella’s it is!! Thank you!!

Thanks for the pic compliment, my mini me and I went for a stroll on the beach :sunny:

2 Likes

You’re welcome :grinning:

2 Likes

The Flavour Art passion fruit is typical of them - Natural and pretty accurate :smile: It’s good!

2 Likes

Cool I’ll check that one out on my next purchase! I really don’t remember buying 3 dif types but I’m noticing this on A LOT of flavors! Today I found a sweet tangerine, double apple and a few others on my shelf and thought WTF?! It’s like getting a present!!

1 Like

The passionfruit has the same kind of taste that I get from Cap’s cantaloupe and TFA’s Green Tea. It’s almost a fermented fruit kind of flavor. I do like Cap’s passionfruit a lot but I’d like to try FA’s (as with everything else it seems lol). It seems like it has a bit of a floral undertone, too.

1 Like

I didn’t want to make another thread but I’m torn on mango and pear as well…inw? FA? I’m thinking INW for pear and FA for mango

AAAAAAND nevermind…I get what I get because of out of stock issues unless I want to pay $34 for 250ml :slight_smile: