Peachsicle stitched together in Massachusetts

Sorry OP for hijacking thread

3 Likes

some of the stuff in them flavors when heated can turn toxic they are for ingesting its like when Amoretti was giving out flavors i would not vape them after seeing what some here got as samples lol

5 Likes

I live in Mass also and I’ve just been ordering from companies that will deliver not all will but some do even if they say they don’t on their website! It’s one of those things you just have to try see what happens… There’s one EC blends that says we WILL BE shipping to Massachusetts because it’s not against the law not to do so but yeah you just got to find the right ones I actually went on Reddit and found a few but not DIY so I had to try a bunch. A fellow Massachusetts residents feel free to p.m. me for info I just don’t want to mess up for all of us posting publicly.
I’m actually really disappointed in most of my regular places I used to order from that wouldn’t deliver to me but I get it they’re probably feeling the heat from the government so it is what it is but like I said just PM me or email me kileyannbb@gmail.com and I’ll let you know where.

8 Likes

I’m surprised more people aren’t ordering off the internet before going back to cigarettes first of all it’s cheaper second of all they’ll ship to us I know it can’t walk into a store and get vape products but online it’s 2019! I’m just confused I feel like this would be the case if we didn’t have internet we be having to do weird stuff like grabbing random ingredients and throw them together to smoke but I can’t see it with in this day and age with all the options that we have that will ship to us in a matter of days. This post is making it seem like it’s post apocalyptical in ma it’s creeping me out!

4 Likes

Pre Vapocolypse for sure…

4 Likes

it is scary for us vapors. I don’t know I guess maybe I’m just being ignorant but I’m hoping for the best

4 Likes

Not at all…we all hope for the best…

3 Likes

From what I read from Cassa Baker has till monday to do it right have a meeting with buisness owners to see the impact plus a few other things the judge said he over stepped his authority if Baker has no plan then it will be back to normal on Monday

2 Likes

Nice that’s such good news

2 Likes

I will ship to any banned areas… inbox me…
I do flavors… I can make juice… but Id rather teach you how to mix. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Still getting used to the structure of this forum(super advanced, compliments to the devs!)
When you say “have oils in them”, could you elaborate? For example, does this apply to emulsified oils? As , if I’m not mistaken, a majority of the approved juices are in fact emulsified oils.

Regarding vaping a 100% oil: I agree fully, but curious as to yours’, or the groups’ general consensus on the reasoning behind this. In no way do I contest the wisdom of the elders here, and recognize that I have much to learn.

2 Likes

In my circle of friends and acquaintances, almost everyone vapes, sadly they also smoke. But only a small minority even grasp how to switch in a new coil cartridge, or how to make their subohm device not taste disgusting. They usually come to me, or one of the other known ‘experts’, and indeed it’s a matter of life or death, so I’m always happy to help. The vape shops also answer the standard basic questions. BUT, the vape shops don’t want people to know how much they are making off of them. Or rather, that it’s about 20 - 30 times cheaper to order juice if one DOES NOT mix themselves. And then of course the obvious factors that nicotine addiction sometimes requires IMMEDIATE attention, and for the consumer, there aren’t too many points of failure from an engineering stand point. Have cigarettes. Have matches/lighter/stove. Done. Many bright wonderful creative and super intelligent people have zero interest in what an Ohm is and they shouldn’t.

3 Likes

100% agree, sans the “just”. It’s a rather complex, multi-disciplined issue, ‘Toxicology’ would be the major to study. Throw in further complications like economics and chemophobia, and oh boy things get messy=D

2 Likes

Ha, it’s my first post=P And you’re not hijacking at all. This has been most enlightening and I feel i’ve found a new internet home for one of my favorite emergent technology interests.

5 Likes

This I feel is the crux of the matter. As a scientiest, I recognize that there are two ways we can possibly rule out toxic ingredients.

1. Empiricism aka trial and error. Obviously this is not possible for something so new. Thus for the time being we turn to:

2. Theoretical models.
    SUch as the one SmokyBlue proposes. And although empiricism is the only 100% reliable method. Theoretical models cannot be discounted. For example, Marie Curie discovered nuclear radiation when she discovered the element Radium. She would host parties and display her test tube , shining so bright that people had to cover their eyes. Soon she died from radiation sickness induced cancer. From that alone, humanity already had enough information to draw a theoretical model: radioactive materials are bad for you!!.
    And then after a century or so of overwhelming empirical support of this model, humanity being slick enough to know that a model is just a model, went full circle, and developed medical imaging devices that UTILIZE radioactive material to SAVE LIVES. Doing that sort of sorcery requires a full fundamental and comprehensive grasp of all the moving parts in the situation.

In the spirit of “prove me wrong, so I can learn” I humbly contest your predictive model of “If you can’t pronounce the name…” In fact, I will go further to argue that this exact attitude has led to the Emergency ban in the first place, and has likely caused the deaths that inspired it.

Last I heard, the FDA research team made a preliminary conclusion that it was adulteration of THC oil with Vitamin E oil that has caused the deaths.
More recently I have been studying and experimenting with that realm as well. Everywhere you look on the internet, one encounters a general "rule of thumb’ aversion to artificial substances.

I’ll cut to the chase: THC cartridges generally would be mixed half and half THC oil and of course PG. This is sensible since the nic vaping industry has so far empirically been proven to be safe. And PG as profoundly non-toxic. In fact it’s a preservative and easily emulsifies oils, etc.

But take a quick google search and you’ll find the very smart, very informed people in the THC extraction industry say that PG is to be avoided. Thus, people started mixing THC, already an oil, with vitamin E, forming , yup, a pure oil.
Oil and water don’t mix. We are water based.
My model of predicting toxicity of something I’m vaping is based on my understanding of the chemistry and physics of how vaping works, and then considering “could I eat this substance?”

Lastly: We trust our vape flavoring suppliers with our lives, correct? They all claim that they due extensive research to make sure that vaping their flavorings is safe. Well, I worked in a biotech lab to help develop a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. The 2nd of I believe 5 stages before their drug would hit the market was animal trials. Do you think these vape manufacturers devise devices that allow mice, pigs, and apes to vape their flavorings? Do they explain their theoretical models for predicting the toxicity of their products?
Thanks again so much for the help, and look forward to being correct/enlightened

6 Likes

It seems you are equipped to know this, and thus probably do… but eating and vaping the same substance is two very different things. We can safely ‘eat’ canola oil (obviously when used to fry tasty things and not by itself, yuck) but not vape it, for example. Which is likely why you’re being advised not to vape Xanthan Gum. But you don’t need a lecture. Especially from someone that it seems is far less knowledgeable about chemistry than you.

Your point about “Ban the Unknown!!” is a very good one actually. People hear things they never heard of and typically run away screaming; it’s human nature especially with things with technical names. Shame more folks don’t take the time to educate themselves about ‘stuff’.

4 Likes

“I” do not have to prove any thing to any one person.
I do have a job, I work for a lab, not anyone else online or off.

If you want to compare apples to oranges and swear you know it all…
there isn’t much one can teach to the other, now is there?

Not correcting or enlightening you at all… do as you wish, as it is your diy…

I can only talk of my own experiences. If you choose to take advantage of what I post, then good, and if not, I hope you find your own way. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Stay cool!

2 Likes

See, I was wondering about that. There are many recipes that you make I want to try, but don’t want to spend the money on the flavoring if I don’t like it.

3 Likes

When in doubt :wink:

one can always research. most are too lazy.

3 Likes

I might have a solution to that soon, will see. :slight_smile:

3 Likes