Peachsicle stitched together in Massachusetts

I’m in Massachusetts. I’m seeing friends of mine go back to tobacco everywhere I look. I’ve been mixing for years, but never really made a business out of it.

By the time I realized the Ban was real and included DIY online suppliers, I had to get creative.

I found an 8 flavor starter kit for culinary arts, in a an art store 20 min outside of the city. It was $20 and included many of the common flavors we use. VG from the drug store. Luckily had nicotine freebase left over. If anybody’s curious on details of obtaining these items, please say so!. I actually followed a suggested flavor mix with ratios in the booklet, intended for a cream filling. Myself and my gf immediately were amazed once it started stirring. We both agreed it was one of my top 3 ever made. In light of the vape-copalypse, I’m sharing this open-source style.

6 Likes

Isn’t that just a great example of the government looking out for public health??? Jackasses.

Sorry for the rant. Welcome aboard!!!

8 Likes

You do have friend out of state that are more than willing to send flavor and nic… js…
If you do not know anyone… drop me some mail… I like mail too :stuck_out_tongue:

(couldnt resist, hate to see someone trying to make do)

6 Likes

I am from Mass also and you can still get flavors an VG online I just got an order in last week just make sure the flavors you got do not have oils in them the culinary plave near me the flavors are mostly oil based
Also some places will still ship nicotine also but Liquid barn wont at this time things may change this week as baker has to revamp his order the judge said plus a few more court cases coming up in the Appeals court

7 Likes

Thanks kindly=D Been lurking and using the amazing recipe features privately for a few years.

4 Likes

Noted! Thank you

3 Likes

I tried all of my favorite online shops yesterday, no dice. And I had like 15ml left of some crappy old juice. By late evening, I was sighing a cloud of relief.
Super curious about the specific vendors. Maybe best not to throw them under the bus by posting openly?

Yes I’m crossing my fingers for Monday, but hope for the best, plan for the worst, right?

3 Likes

Not sure if you should be vaping those. From their website:

“The Treatology flavors do not contain any sugar. The ingredients vary slightly by flavor: Custard – Propylene Glycol, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Alcohol, Glycerin Caramel – Water, Alcohol, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Caramel Color, Xanthan Gum Cinnamon Graham – Water, Propylene Glycol, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum Champagne – Water, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Citric Acid Lemon – Water, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Citric Acid, Mixed Tocopherols Coconut – Water, Propylene Glycol, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum Peach - Water, Propylene Glycol, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum Basil – Water, Propylene Glycol, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Citric Acid”

Seems like all their flavors contain Xantham Gum. Is that safe to vape?

6 Likes

Fuck Mass, take a ride to NH.

3 Likes

This was my very first thought, and main concern.

@GVape1, if you haven’t already, PLEASE do a search on how to test your flavors for oil content (regardless of what the labeled ingredients list).

Welcome to ELR though, and good luck, and safe navigations through the interim (until any legal battles have been resolved).

5 Likes

GVape1 if u need a list of those who will ship to you message me

4 Likes

Hey Thanks everyone for your tips. I will double check but in that particular set, there clearly were no oils. I fell in love with chemistry long before vaping existed. I’ve read a few books on essential oils(the only kind that it would be ok to have in a vape), so I can generally spot whether it’s an essential oil or a high BP regular oil. I would imagine that the formation of two separate phases, either by the addition of a non-polar(oil, solvents like naphtha/ether/toluene/etc.) or simply by addition of water, would indicate the presence of an oil.
I will do a test on my flavorings in a tiny ampoule before proceeding.

Xanthan Gum:
This I have no idea. But I can’t resist: Some may have noticed that the two main ingredients in ‘personal lubricant’ are usually glycerine and PG. with water and xanthan gum, one can create lube just as good if not better than commercial brands. Some brands already use it. Only a spec is required, it’s used as a thickening agent…
This is a great community. I’m going to share out some of my other recipe’s that were private , that of course used the standard brands we all love for flavor.

7 Likes

Hey Sparky… I did offer to hook him up… :hugs::smiley:
hope he will think long and hard on it and what he is putting into his lungs…

5 Likes

I ship too :wink:

6 Likes

Not enough info on this component , so for me I would avoid it :frowning:

4 Likes

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-340/xanthan-gum

avoid it like the plague it is…

5 Likes

Ya just from rwading that id say it seems to be a No

3 Likes

anything you can not spell or speak the name of… normally is a no no…
even things you do not recognize…

it’s super hard to get your lungs clean of that, and with the bans, we will see a lot more of this.

4 Likes

It really sucks that this froum and other places have all the answers a person needs and still we have these things happen

1 Like

I do agree.
I remember back when I started, and used the grocery store flavors types… but that was over 10yrs ago, and there was no one to talk to about it. Now days with all the info out from a lot of folks, a good search can fix not knowing.

4 Likes