Peanut butter flavor falling away

Thx daath! I’ll definitely be giving this one a run too!
Not what I was originally looking for - this one seems like it’ll be a bit sweeter, but hey, in the interest & pursuit of further pb education… :yum: I’m in!

1 Like

Jojo the 0.6% acv I added to my batch of a few days ago does seem to have lifted the pb flavor - or should I say seems to have lifted it by changing it a little?- cant exactly say how… a vinegary note …I s’pose…sort of.
Its only a subtle change but it seems any more acv would be too much. The experiments continue…

Maybe… but my next experiment will invove saline.
I have come across the recipie of a Grandmaster clone by jharwin were he says… "…combining hazelnut and caramel produces the creamy peanut butter…"
Hmm… add a little salt to that …saline i guess(?) - salted caramel …yep! & hazelnut… will that make peanut butter? I guess we’ll see!!

FA Hazelnut:

HIC’s Tasting Notes

In my opinion, this is the single most accurate nut flavor that any manufacturer produces. It’s the flavor of hazelnuts without the papery brown skin. This is an excellent flavor to add to your chocolate candy bar recipes.

FA Hazelnut carefully mixed with acetyl pyrazine (plus Caramel and other accents) can give the impression of peanut butter.

In dessert and coffee recipes, even 0.25% can add sufficient hazelnut flavor for most vapers. It’s excellent for hazelnut coffee.If you’re looking to add nutty notes to tobacco, you might prefer FA Nut Mix instead of this distinctive hazelnut flavor.

2 Likes

Ok,… so Ive gone back to square 1 & made 10 ml of straight pb at 7% (which I shouldve done to start with). It has steeped for 48hrs approx & the flavor is… absolutely zero - not getting anything at all now. I know I dont have vapors tongue because I can taste every other flavor Ive got, so I reckon i must have bought a dud batch. It didnt come directly from TPA - it was re-bottled by a vendor over here (in Aust.) so maybe its out of date or something …if thats possible. I have some more pb on order that’s coming directly from TPA so that’ll be the test.

1 Like

I have made HIC’s HOMEVAPE PEANUT BUTTER (no custard note ingredients) and it’s not bad. In fact, I just finished off a 30 ml bottle of it today. Just make sure to let it age a couple of weeks before trying it out or all you’ll taste is the AP.

HIC’s CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER MILKSHAKE is also very good, but again, let it age a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Thx a lot for that shaner! Ive been thinking there might be something to the caramel/hazelnut thing…
I’ll be giving it a go! Cheers!!

2 Likes

You’re welcome, but @Pro_Vapes mentioned it first, I just expanded on it :smile:

If ya read HIC’s post he mentions that it’s a shake and vape … I tried it right after mixing it and didn’t care for it at all, all I tasted was the AP. After it aged a couple of weeks it was a very good creamy sweet peanut butter, kind of an old fashion peanut butter that I enjoyed as a young kid.

If you read some of the replies to the thread though a lot of ppl have a problem tasting the peanut butter. I believe letting it age is the key, it gives it the time needed for the hazel nut and AP (and the other ingredients) to meld together giving it that peanut butter taste. But if you are sensitive to AP then that is all you’ll ever taste.

2 Likes