Percentage please :)?

Agree totally, what I like most people don’t. Taste, likes and whatever damage I did from years of smoking gives me a somewhat unique preference when it comes to flavours and strength. Like in food, some people like things that others cannot stand, we are all individuals when it comes to taste so there is no “one size fits all” way to mix. Experimentation is always key. :smiley:

6 Likes

You can get alot of information from the ELR Home (Recipe side of ELR) Using the recipe Search tool type in multiple flavors separated by [spacebar]+[spacebar] …example;
Apricot (Cap) + Papaya (TPA) (Hey I’m clickable!)
In your search results that pop up click on the word “Rating” at the top of that last column to bring the best rated recipes to the top. Usually good pairing percentages can transcend other additional flavors inside a recipe. You can quickly glean alot of solid info from quality recipes.

6 Likes

I was talking about muting and pushing flavour percentage too high in another 3d with @Ianc13.

Let’s quote @Letitia

Let’s see Maltol, which is (in) famous for muting when high, one of the reasons why we don’t use a lot of EM, Maltol is in the flavour itself Strawberry is a great example, plenty of maltol in there, but where else is it in?
Take a look:
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx?cas=118-71-8

So if you use those flavours and push them high, what’s the chance of muting without even knowing it?

Let’s quote Letitia again:

We all know that rancid, buttery,waxy, socks smelling taste we get when, “something went wrong” but what went wrong? Butyrate and iso amyl butyrate pushed too high… here’s the list of the flavours that have got Butyrate inside and plenty of it

https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx?cas=105-54-4

Not a rule in itself, but checking compounds used is something to be aware of and helps make you understand better what happens.

Regarding percentages, IMHO all flavours have your best spot, we have and suggest an average, like @delltrapp did, things that have been proved in time, but might not be yours and adding “Papaya/dragonfruit” or what not, might (will) change the whole outcome.

5 Likes

I usally start here

5 Likes

Thanks everybody alot! I have alot to look over all carefully now to fully get an understanding.
Be blessed!

7 Likes