Percentage please :)?

Hi,
I need help figuring out what percentage to mix for two different desirebly rich fruit mixes.

Sweet mango cap
Apricot cap
Papaya tpa
(keeping mango dominant)

Sweet strawberry cap
Dragon fruit tpa
Cactus inw

In clueless for what would be the best mix for both. Would really appreciate any suggestions amen.
Thx

3 Likes

I would start with 3 to 4 Cap Sweet SB , DF TPA 1 pct and Cactus at .25 …adjust from there . I have never used the first 3 flaves

5 Likes

K thank you

4 Likes

.25pct of sweetner won’t hurt this recipe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Sounds a little weak though would you suggest upping the percentage if I would want it rich in flavor?

4 Likes

you can push Sweet SB way up 6 to 8pct …Dragin fruit isnt going to punch through that SB but you can bump it up to 2 or so I never have …Cactus .5 max for me …

What exactly are you going for with this ???

4 Likes

Thx is just some flvrs I had we at hand and I’m looking for an interesting mix

4 Likes

Say does adding more flavour concentrate necessarily make the flavour richer or does something happen after a certain amount of flavour concentrate that just doesn’t make it any stronger?

3 Likes

As single flavour, I used almost if not all capella at 5%, and in a mix as main note at 3-4%, and as support at 1-3%.

4 Likes

Thx do you know if more concentrate necessarily means more flavour?

3 Likes

Not really. For instance, if I want a real strawberry, I would use strawberry ripe at 5%and strawberry at 3%
If I put in other strawberries, it would be to bend the mix, for instance, strawberry tfa at 3% with sweet strawberry capella @3-5% would be candy like strawberry.
If I add other flavours, I found it would actually muddle the overall mix.
I guess it would work if you use other flavours that have the same profile.

4 Likes

I wouldnt put more flavours on top of other flavours though (like strawberry tfa 3%, sweet strawberry capella 4% and then shisha strawberry inawera 3%), because the percentage would be too high and it might mute the overall mix. Maybe scaling down the percentages would work better.

4 Likes

Thx but I mean if I put in 8 sweet strawberry or 15 sweet strawberry would there be a distinct difference in flavor strength, or does it stay the same after a certain amount?

3 Likes

Over flavoring mutes the flavor more often than not. As suggested start low and increase until you find “YOUR” best percentage

6 Likes

@ethan_diy … I’m going to assume you haven’t done any single flavor testing (SFT) with the flavors you have. Based on your questions, you may want to get into the habit of doing that. Then you could refer to your flavor notes rather than trying to figure out percentages or what works with what.

3 Likes

Thx zen,
But I’m just wondering if there like a standard percentage which would be appropriate that would constitute simply just a rich flavour for this mix?

3 Likes

Like TZ said…, u would need to SFT ur flavors. In order to see where they r or how (rich) they may be, as I’m pretty sure anyone could throw some numbers out there & it may be good to them, but not to u, as everyone has different taste…, what’s good to u might not be good to someone else… oh & a word of advice… listen when to ppl when they tell u to try or stay lower, if u take flavors too high they’ll usually have some kind of off note & it…, when flavors get in the higher margin ur juice will tend to be over flavored & it won’t get any better by adding more flavors to it, just try flavors out and see what percent they taste good at & go off tht

5 Likes

@ethan_diy what makes DIY hard, is (as mentioned above), what may be great for ME, might be TERRIBLE for you as far as tastes, or levels. It won’t take you long to find out where you find your sweet spot. What also can make this hard is one strength may be fine in ONE recipe (with it’s flavor combinations), but in another recipe, it may require OTHER strengths depending THOSE flavors.

LOL, wish there was a silver bullet of the perfect percentage for a flavor, that you could use over and over, but there seldom is. Now, with that said, you CAN generalize to a DEGREE as to a typical mixing percentage FOR a particular flavor, but even then, it’s in a general sense, and WILL vary between mixers.

2 Likes

No really standard percentage, it is all about knowing the particular flavors as they can be all over the place. Preference plays a huge roll in it as well, so does your pallette which will change as you get more into DIY. I know mine has changed, tried mixing a recipe I vaped gallons of about 4 or 5 years ago when I first started DIY. Wow, surprised, thought huh, I vaped that? It wasn’t terrible but also where is the SB, forgot how weak CAP sweet SB is, so many other sb’s that have come out since that just blow it away.

8 Likes

Ethan the simple answer is yes you can push a flavor too high. It will either mute or just plain not taste good. Same with going too low. No one can taste for you. For example I wouldn’t add cactus to anything with dragon fruit simply because for myself the cactus would be redundant. That is just me but you may love them together.

6 Likes