Petition These Additives

What does that do?

4 Likes

Don’t worry, I’ll probably fall down it later: After I’ve concreted-in paid for rabbit holes.

4 Likes

Read and signed.

Are there any government agencies that are supposed to be protecting actually protecting us? :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Sure, they are to a degree. However, they tend to treat the public as if they’re children, incapable of making their own decisions. They seem to believe that the average adult is uninformed, ignorant and lazy. They also forget that they themselves are average.

5 Likes

My own rabbit hole now is the impact of bisphenol a (BPA) resin and the risks it poses if used to make drip tips.

2 Likes

You forget to mention the FDA’s approval of Trisodium Phosphate in breakfast cereals,

3 Likes

Good stuff @anon44012888.

1 Like

Trisodium Phosphate.

Trisodium Phosphate haven’t been used in years. It was a great product to clean walls before painting. The FDA forced a change in formulation when they baned Phosphate. Now it’s less effective than dish detergent.

3 Likes

It also worked great on concrete, plaster and stucco.

3 Likes

I question that article, considering how often they reference Snopes. Snopes isn’t exactly a shining beacon of truthfulness, if you recall what their co-founder was caught out doing recently.

It also reminds me far too much of all of the accusations against vaping/e-juice.
“There’s antifreeze in e-juice,” “Vaping causes popcorn lung,” etc. Big, splashy, attention-getting headlines - but when you investigate why these things are said you find how the truth got twisted into these stories.

4 Likes

Agricultural vinegar is used as a crop kill/weed killer. I wanted to kill some poison ivy in my yard and didn’t want to mess with the potent AG type and Shawn said regular white vinegar will do the trick and it does but it also kills grass and every other plant around it so you have to be careful.

5 Likes

Oh geez, we used to use that stuff a lot. Owned a painting co. once.

2 Likes

I get your point with Snopes but they are not the only point of reference on chemicals in our products. Because of my condition I’ve had to dig deep and far to get the truth about endocrine disruptors. I don’t get my info from Snopes or any other “fact checking” site. I wouldn’t trust any of them. Who checking the fact checkers?

The bottom line about chemicals is written in journals, books and research reports. It’s dry as hell reading but the only way you’ll find what you’re looking for.

ETA: One more point about fact checking. Search who owns the fact checking site. That tells you a lot, too.

5 Likes

Do you think it works on kudzu?

3 Likes

Worth a try. If not, get the AG type. Do you have a Tractor Supply near you? I saw it on Amazon but don’t know the brand or vendor.

2 Likes

I talk to my wife about it. She’s the one that gets all worked up about stuff growing in the yard. She keeps mentioning poison this and that. As long as she doesn’t use it on me, it’s all good.

4 Likes