PG content of nicotine

I’ve been using VG based nicotine for some years and never had any issues with the calculator, but I’ve just switched (It’s cheaper) to PG based and hit an issue. The calculator will ask me the (same as VG) PG content of nicotine and if I put in 100% (same as VG) it tells me there is an issue with the numbers.

Usual mix: 100ml, 70/30, 18mmg nic, 24ml flavour shot.

Any suggestions as to where I’m going wrong?

5 Likes

See if this helps. I vape 6mg/ml. I mix with PG based 100mg/ml nicotine. Try plugging in your numbers. I don’t know how you have it filled in but I’m guessing you haven’t adjusted the VG content of nicotine to 0.

6 Likes

Your PG / Ratio is off because you Nic strength is only 18mg

Question…Is you Nic Strength 18 or is that your desired Strength?

Try to just hit the max VG buttin then input your numbers instead of choosing 70/30. Not sure that will work with your low nic strength and higher Flavor total…The Ratios are already off before you even get to enter flavor pcts

Hitting Max Vg should give you roughly 60/40

8 Likes

If you know how, post a screenshot of your numbers in the calculator. That will allow us to zero in on what the issue is.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Adjust your PG/VG ratio (more PG) to allow for your flavoring, which is also PG based.

5 Likes

Your going to have to be at 50pg 50vg unless you lower Flavor total and Desired Nic

6 Likes

Thanks to all who replied. I think I’ll try a 50/50 mix… see how it goes. Thanks again.

7 Likes

Here ya go use this below to mix make your mix 0 nic then add the nic after like you would to a shop bought bottle

4 Likes

6 Likes

Thank you very much.

5 Likes

There’s your answer

6 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

4 Likes

I also use a like pre-mix base I think that’s what you meant either way I’ve never been able to make a recipe on here because I write out the whole thing I go to save it and at the end it says the numbers are off just like you said and deletes it and reloads the page I get
6 mg 100% VG Nicbase from delosi,
Luckily I’ve got good at keeping notes on index cards till later input into the computer manually it’s a shame though cuz it’s made me drift from this site. I still get the email though :smiley::smiley: hopefully that’s solution comment under yours is the answer maybe I I never even noticed I tried it with Max VG also and I tried it clicking pre-made base nothing worked it was a bummer now I just have a million index cards! And a cork board

3 Likes

Change to 80/20 your flvs are pg based and your prog going over the pg amount if it a lot of flavs at high percentages.it happens a lot to people tryna mix 50mg salt nic when they us 100mg pg nic.I lowered to 20mg salt and use 100mg in a 50/50 base or vg base and use super concentrates that dont need a total of 18-25% total flavoring for pods

2 Likes

I dont like using premixed 70/30 3-6 mg as its more expensive buying it that way and doesn’t allow me to use a wide variety of total flav percentages and 40 recipies.Most mixers will agree its best to add the Vg Pg Nic and flavorings all separately so you can mix for pods or mods etc (i only use salt nic too btw so i can mix at all diff strengths and viscosities for Aio’s,Rta’s pods etc from 3mg to 40mg for diff people with diff needs) :smiling_face:

4 Likes

you said it different people different needs I prefer the mixed I have OCD severe OCD I could spend hours trying to get levels correct ever since I started getting the delosi Nicbase… My mixes have been spectacular every time minus a few that we’re just trial runs thank God I’m not most mixers then :wink: but thank you I always appreciate other’s opinions is always a chance to learn something right!

5 Likes

That’s exactly why I stopped back in the beginning. It’s too limiting. Sure it’s one bottle, BUT, you’re locked into the ratio.

4 Likes

No problem, after mixing hundreds of bottles for my gfs pods and my tanks with salt nic only i found we can botb use 60/40 vg pg with most devices.She uses 18mg and i use 12mg but at 50w…No need to be ocd i can tbrow together a fruit medly in 5 min as long as i follow my ejuice calculator inputs it goes pretty easy n fast with a 25$ scale and i use a squirt tip on my working bottle of nic and weigh that too.All ingredients squirt in by weight (grams) is fast easy and no cleanup of syringes that i used to use just for the nic by MLs.Its easier to weigh out for sure :smiling_face:

4 Likes

yeah I remember I first bought syringes and found they were just a pain in the ass. on the other hand OCD’s not necessarily a life choice lol like I know a lot of people say it anyway all good thank you for your input yeah I use a caliber and actually g and the G2 and it vapes for months one pod coil excuse me with this mixture I was very surprised about that but it is a Uwell :fire:

4 Likes